Network Engineer II - DOCSIS OperationsApply Now Date posted 02/05/2019 Requisition Number: 234843BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Under limited supervision, assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems within the 11 different DOCSIS regions across Charter Communications. Follows corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement. Responsible for implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Assists in staff development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in DOCSIS planning/deployment operations, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Implements approved DOCSIS methods of procedure and Implements and assists in designing corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, regularly as a project team lead.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2 years Data network experience
- 1 year DOCSIS experience
- This shift will be Wednesday through Saturday 7 AM to 6 PM
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Arris, Casa, Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications, and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable working in a team environment, as well as being able to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Intermediate knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Single mode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet, SNMP, DOCSIS (2.0 and higher), RF transmission, and transport technologies and protocols
- Intermediate Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology (OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, SNMP, and RIP)
- Intermediate Knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model, using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Experience of basic network devices and basic network appliances (Arris/Cisco/Casa – CMTS), and of network designing software, such as Visio
- Knowledge of MBO cable systems and provisioning, including DOCSIS technology (3.0)
- Office Environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go