Network Engineer II - DOCSIS Support Desk
Greenwood Village, Colorado, Denver, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Our Operating Model focuses on maintaining operational excellence and reliability of Spectrum’s network to enhance our customer’s experience. The Network Operations environment is based on our Key Laws of Focus which values accuracy, resiliency and response time.
Network Technology Operations (NTO) improves data transfer, maximizes stability and efficiency over established infrastructure, and simplifies operations. Our foundational DOCSIS teams integrate communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links, and protocols into complete network configurations. On top of that, Cable, Wireless Operations, and Video groups innovate next-generation entertainment and communications platforms to enhance capabilities. IP Management and Circuit Utilization groups advance and integrate technologies to create a seamless, satisfying customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Network Technology Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 02/25/2021 Requisition Number: 275693BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Information Technology, Network Engineering Position Type: Full Time
Under limited supervision, the Network Engineer II, assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems within the 11 different DOCSIS regions across Charter Communications. Follows corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Assists in staff development efforts.
- Participates in DOCSIS planning/deployment operations, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Implements approved DOCSIS methods of procedure and Implements and assists in designing corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, regularly as a project team lead.
- Coaches less experienced staff.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years network engineering experience
- Minimum of two (2) years Data network experience
- Minimum of one (1) year DOCSIS experience
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Sunday 2:00PM to Wednesday 1:00AM
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications, and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable working in a team environment, as well as being able to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Intermediate knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Single mode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet, SNMP, DOCSIS (2.0 and higher), RF transmission, and transport technologies and protocols
- Intermediate Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology (OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, SNMP, and RIP)
- Intermediate Knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model, using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Experience of basic network devices and basic network appliances (Arris/Cisco/Casa – CMTS), and of network designing software, such as Visio
- Knowledge of MBO cable systems and provisioning, including DOCSIS technology (3.0)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Arris, Casa, Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- 24 X 7 Network Operations environment
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education; negotiations begin at $61400
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hear from Our Team
I have enjoyed my time at Spectrum for several reasons. I am first and foremost appreciative of the inclusive environment. You have the opportunity to be involved in as many projects and policy discussions as you choose, along with day-to-day projects. Our leadership sees the value of both and is appreciative of all contributions. Spectrum also sees value in employee development and provides programs for both educational and technical growth. I have seen team leaders encourage all team members to take advantage of these programs and support individuals’ efforts to grow. I enjoy the exposure to technology. We engineers we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available in the marketplace.Robert, Network Engineer III
In my 25 years of working in the cable/telecom industry, Spectrum has been the best environment. I believe it is due to the diversified work force, training opportunities, and emphasis on teamwork among senior and junior engineers. I believe my fellow engineers would agree that we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available. And Spectrum provides great benefits! Looking back over the years, I can’t think of a better place to work.Michael, Network Engineer IV
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.