Network Engineer III - DOCSISApply Now Date posted 01/10/2019 Requisition Number: 233501BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Zip Code: 80111 Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Network Engineering, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for implementation of network architecture, designs and automation for all DOCSIS teams. Working to help build SDN / Network orchestration / Telemetry solutions. Improve Deployment, Capacity and Support capabilities for CMTS & PON based technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works on projects/systems/issues of medium to high complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations. Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Implements approved methods of procedure.
- Monitors protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Required to Assist D&E Engineers with review and create technical changes for accuracy and recommend changes to support operational guidelines, as well as Documentation and IG creation. (Maintaining Format Standards)
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three (3) years Data network experience with TCP/IP networking / IP sub netting
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Data Networking Knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP, Optical Networking)
- Competent knowledge (helpful not a must) of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Experience in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations, and basic network devices and basic network appliances
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace team environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Must be able , write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Basic knowledge of the following- Java / Perl / PHP / Python / C / C++ / SQL / Regex, MongoDB / MySQL / - IP Addressing & Sub-netting / CLI / SNMP
- Knowledge of company products and services –
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go