Network Engineer III - DOCSIS
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Network Technology Operations (NTO) improves data transfer, maximizes stability and efficiency over established infrastructure, and simplifies operations. Our foundational DOCSIS teams integrate communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links, and protocols into complete network configurations. On top of that, Cable, Wireless Operations, and Video groups innovate next-generation entertainment and communications platforms to enhance capabilities. IP Management and Circuit Utilization groups advance and integrate technologies to create a seamless, satisfying customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Network Technology Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 10/16/2019 Requisition Number: 251239BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Engineering, Network Operations, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for implementation of network architecture, designs and automation for all DOCSIS teams. Working to help build SDN / Network orchestration / Telemetry solutions. Improve Deployment, Capacity and Support capabilities for CMTS & PON based technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works on projects/systems / issues of medium to high complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations. Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Implements approved methods of procedure.
- Monitors protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Required to Assist D&E Engineers with review and create technical changes for accuracy and recommend changes to support operational guidelines, as well as Documentation and IG creation. (Maintaining Format Standards)
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years network engineering experience with TCP / IP networking / IP sub netting
- Minimum three (3) years experience with Cisco and/or Juniper
- Minimum three (3) years of data network experience
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Sunday thru Thursday - 10:00PM to 9:00AM
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Data Networking Knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP, Optical Networking)
- Competent knowledge (helpful not a must) of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Experience in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations, and basic network devices and basic network appliances
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace team environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Must be able, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Knowledge of the following; Java / Perl / PHP / Python / C / C++ / SQL / Regex, MongoDB / MySQL / - IP Addressing & Sub-netting / CLI / SNMP
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have enjoyed my time at Spectrum for several reasons. I am first and foremost appreciative of the inclusive environment. You have the opportunity to be involved in as many projects and policy discussions as you choose, along with day-to-day projects. Our leadership sees the value of both and is appreciative of all contributions. Spectrum also sees value in employee development and provides programs for both educational and technical growth. I have seen team leaders encourage all team members to take advantage of these programs and support individuals’ efforts to grow. I enjoy the exposure to technology. We engineers we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available in the marketplace.Robert, Network Engineer III
In my 25 years of working in the cable/telecom industry, Spectrum has been the best environment. I believe it is due to the diversified work force, training opportunities, and emphasis on teamwork among senior and junior engineers. I believe my fellow engineers would agree that we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available. And Spectrum provides great benefits! Looking back over the years, I can’t think of a better place to work.Michael, Network Engineer IV
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.