Network Engineer IV - Service Reliability and Automation
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Core and Backbone (CBO) builds and maintains the structures that allow our advanced platforms and applications to function at peak capability. CBO Verticals run the network, preparing for installation by utilizing our Operations, Data Center, Optical, and DNT divisions. Our protocols keep our advanced programming running efficiently, creating a seamless customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Core and Backbone?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 09/10/2019 Requisition Number: 248759BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Software Engineering, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. The Network Engineering team is responsible for the implementation and operability of approved network architecture and designs. Under limited supervision, the SRE NE IV combines analytics, software (full stake development) and systems engineering, to identify areas of opportunity within the network system, with an emphasis towards automation based on facts. As a member of the team, you will obtain data from various platforms, perform analytics, identify gaps and to drive rapid improvements, by way of process or automation, to achieve sustained and improved results. You will be sought after for recommendations for improvement and assists in staff development efforts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the creation of documentation for as-built platforms created by the Service Reliability Engineering team
- Proactively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Leads data collection, analysis and software (Python, CSS, HTML and Java Script) based solutions to any opportunity that improve up time of the network stability.
- Leads a set of engineering approaches to identify, resolve and optimize network functionality through a data driven software based approach.
- Leads case studies that will be later formatted into automated software resolution of common issues.
- Leads data gap efforts creating a broader visibility into the network.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy, specific to data collection, storage and retainment.
- Evaluates new products that better the network platform.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Ability to use Python for machine learning efforts
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Programming, or related field involving systems/network engineering, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum six (6) years software development/engineering experience
- At least four (4) years of Data network experience
- Advanced experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) or networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN)
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and unmanaged drive
- Ability to debug, optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Basic knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Knowledge working with APIs to enhance automation/data collection via the use of ticketing and software tools
- Basic experience with network devices and basic network appliances
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Knowledge of OSI layers 1-7
- Former experience leading projects from a technical position
- Ability to share previous development efforts
- Office Environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have enjoyed my time at Spectrum for several reasons. I am first and foremost appreciative of the inclusive environment. You have the opportunity to be involved in as many projects and policy discussions as you choose, along with day-to-day projects. Our leadership sees the value of both and is appreciative of all contributions. Spectrum also sees value in employee development and provides programs for both educational and technical growth. I have seen team leaders encourage all team members to take advantage of these programs and support individuals’ efforts to grow. I enjoy the exposure to technology. We engineers we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available in the marketplace.Robert, Network Engineer III
In my 25 years of working in the cable/telecom industry, Spectrum has been the best environment. I believe it is due to the diversified work force, training opportunities, and emphasis on teamwork among senior and junior engineers. I believe my fellow engineers would agree that we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available. And Spectrum provides great benefits! Looking back over the years, I can’t think of a better place to work.Michael, Network Engineer IV
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn more about our 95,000 employees, range of products and services, and advertising solutions available to 26 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.