Network Security Specialist - LERT
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Applications Platform Operations (APO) encompasses an expansive range of proficiencies over five major areas of expertise: IT Security, Provisioning, Operations System Support, Data Implementation, and Email and Customer Portal. We focus on the technology and services that create a seamless and secure customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Applications Platform Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 08/21/2019 Requisition Number: 247696BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology Services, Network Engineering, Security Position Type: Full Time
Processing legal cases such as Subpoenas, Court Orders and Warrants requests in a timely fashion that meets all applicable deadlines. Answering ON-CALL phone from Law Enforcement Agency (LEA) that require immediate assistance. Utilizing any and all software tools accessible in order to complete a case. Forming partnerships with Charter’s legal department and LEA’s to provide excellent customer service. Process and investigate Identity Theft cases to determine if a person has become a victim of Identity Theft.
- Process cases submitted to Law Enforcement Response Team (LERT) via Legal and LEA.
- Use available tools to identify an account from an IP address, phone number, name, email address, address, SSN, payment information or any other provided information and takes appropriate action.
- Identifying and anticipating customer needs, ask for clarifying information as needed. Research each issue and provide resolution to Legal and LEA.
- Multi-tasks on a daily basis and is able to determine what should take priority or ask for clarification.
- Utilizing multiple software tools at once, along with multiple computer screens.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to determine what is an immediate threat to life or ask for clarification.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, problem solve and be self-sufficient.
- Excellent phone presence and customer service skills.
- Understand the department’s processes and tools. Make recommendations to leadership for improvements in processes and tools. Involve in the evaluation of products and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness
- Represents the security needs of the organization by providing expertise and assistance in all IT and Network Security Operations projects with regard to security concerns
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the processing of subpoenas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in information systems environment, preferably in IT/Network
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a Client service / support environment.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner,
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications.
- Basic understanding of computer networks.
- Knowledge of security issues, techniques, tools and implications.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Capable of working in a team environment, sharing workloads and responsibilities.
- Experience with investigation of security incidents, understanding of application vulnerabilities, experience consulting with users on Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) Violations, security incident response and security policy, and interaction with law enforcement agencies on security incidents or breaches.
- Familiarity with developing / maintaining security policies, procedures, and incident response activities.
- Knowledge of current and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Demonstrated flexibility and situational awareness.
- Data Entry
- Security Operations Experience
- Experience with law enforcement, intelligence, or public/private sector security organization
- Office Environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Having worked for Spectrum for over 10 years, I have been provided with the opportunity to learn within my role, but I have also taken advantage of education assistance to support the completion of my degree. I started at the front line and worked my way to Engineering, so I can attest to the opportunity for career growth the company has presented. Leadership has developed an environment where self-starters can thrive.Andrew, Systems Engineer III
Working for Spectrum has been an excellent experience, both challenging and rewarding. As an Engineer in a group responsible for our company's private Cloud infrastructure, I’ve had a unique opportunity to work with a variety of platforms and systems on a large scale not present in most companies. Our team is a group of diverse individuals who don't just believe in supporting each other and excelling in our roles, but who put these ideas into practice every day. Our department leaders make an equally large effort to ensure that we are equipped with the tools, training, skills, and knowledge needed to support today's virtualization platforms, along with tomorrow's upcoming technologies. I am proud to be part of this company and my team, and each day I look forward to coming to work knowing that I am contributing to the success of the company, and the satisfaction of our customers.Eric, Systems Engineer III
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn more about our 95,000 employees, range of products and services, and advertising solutions available to 26 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.