Principal Engineer I - Managed Wireless, Analytics and Automation
Greenwood Village, Colorado, Denver, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Our Operating Model focuses on maintaining operational excellence and reliability of Spectrum’s network to enhance our customer’s experience. The Network Operations environment is based on our Key Laws of Focus which values accuracy, resiliency and response time.
Network Technology Operations (NTO) improves data transfer, maximizes stability and efficiency over established infrastructure, and simplifies operations. Our foundational DOCSIS teams integrate communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links, and protocols into complete network configurations. On top of that, Cable, Wireless Operations, and Video groups innovate next-generation entertainment and communications platforms to enhance capabilities. IP Management and Circuit Utilization groups advance and integrate technologies to create a seamless, satisfying customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Network Technology Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 02/24/2021 Requisition Number: 275757BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Information Technology, IT Management/Project Management, Systems Engineering Position Type: Full Time
The Principal Engineer - Managed Wireless will be accountable for the strategic planning and implementation of analytics processes and automation frameworks for the support of Charter’s Managed Wireless infrastructure. In this role, the candidate will be expected to plan and direct the implementation of an accelerated ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) and real-time database system and leverage that data layer in the automation of network functions in NFV, CFV and vRAN topologies. Candidate will be expected to operate in a virtualized, containerized and distributed production environment and will be responsible for the development of best practices, policies and guidelines for all relevant automation projects. Candidate will be the lead Network Operations Automation engineer and Point of Contact for external Engineering groups and solution providers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Principal Engineer will drive automation and analytics initiatives related to the support and optimization of Charter’s WiFi and 5G networks
- The Principal Engineer will Establish an automation and analytics program to develop, deploy and manage automated code
- The Principal Engineer will lead cross-functional efforts to incorporate engineering solutions into an operational environment
- The Principal Engineer will set standards for the documentation, deployment and source code management of Network Operations automation code and logic
- The Principal Engineer will Plan and Present automation-related innovations and products to upper management
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in Automation, Wireless Data Networks, Data Analytics or Systems Analysis
- Experience with Data Engineering projects
- Experience working with or in Network Operations Environments
- Experience with ETL technologies such as NiFi/Talend/Informatica
- Experience with Automation technologies such as Ansible/Salt/Kubernetes
- Experience with Data visualizers such as Grafana/OmniSci/Tableau
- Experience with Wireless Data Networks such as WiFi/LTE/5G
- Experience with AI tools such as JuPyTeR Notebooks/Tensorflow/PyTorch
- Experience with development and test environments such as Gitlab and Jenkins
- Experience with IPv4, IPv6 and BGP routing
- Experience with VMWare and Docker environments
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education; negotiations begin at $90600
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hear from Our Team
I have enjoyed my time at Spectrum for several reasons. I am first and foremost appreciative of the inclusive environment. You have the opportunity to be involved in as many projects and policy discussions as you choose, along with day-to-day projects. Our leadership sees the value of both and is appreciative of all contributions. Spectrum also sees value in employee development and provides programs for both educational and technical growth. I have seen team leaders encourage all team members to take advantage of these programs and support individuals’ efforts to grow. I enjoy the exposure to technology. We engineers we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available in the marketplace.Robert, Network Engineer III
In my 25 years of working in the cable/telecom industry, Spectrum has been the best environment. I believe it is due to the diversified work force, training opportunities, and emphasis on teamwork among senior and junior engineers. I believe my fellow engineers would agree that we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available. And Spectrum provides great benefits! Looking back over the years, I can’t think of a better place to work.Michael, Network Engineer IV
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.