Principal Engineer IApply Now Date posted 04/17/2019 Requisition Number: 239180BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
- Lead a team of Software Developers in creation of high-quality software within agreed project deadlines
- Lead a team of DevOps Engineers to support internal application development within the organization.
- Oversee technologies, tools and techniques used within the team
- Develop and implement development standards, policies and procedures to aid in development of high quality application
- Understand and define technical roadmap for all applications within Technology Services to ensure sound technical solution
- Gain sufficient business knowledge to actively participate in software solutioning for business needs
- Fully understand contribute to the technical solution from design through to code level
- Ensure that projects are accurately estimated and delivered according to schedule
- Support project resource scheduling and department capacity planning across all active development projects
- Take responsibility for making key technical decisions to ensure successful implementation of all initiatives
- Contributing to code and post implementation reviews from developers for all aspects of development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Four to six years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in Software Engineering, Application Development, and/or Site Reliability Engineering.
- Experience in people management and ability to lead and influence others
- Experience with various delivery methodologies, specifically Agile
- Proven experience in software development using current industry-wide technologies (e.g., Vue.js, node.js, MySQL, AWS, and Kubernetes)
- Experience with Mobile Application development (iOS and Android) desired.
- Strong understanding and experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
- Excellent personal organization and ability to prioritize and carry out multiple priorities
- Ability to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- Highly self-motivated to deliver both independently and with strong team collaboration
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to creatively take on new challenges and work outside comfort zone
- A strong desire to remain technically capable and expert in current technologies, following industry trends
- Experience in implementing applications within AWS
- Experience working in accordance of DevOps best practices
- Experience using various cloud technologies (AWS, Kubernetes)
- Understanding and exposure to JIRA
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go