Principal Engineer II - Cisco EC/DNCSApply Now Date posted 12/06/2018 Requisition Number: 231467BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Zip Code: 80111 Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
The Principle Engineer II - Cisco EC/DNCS is recognized as the technical expert and is responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's telecommunications and back office control hardware, software and electrical systems; Which includes a high-level understanding of Digital Broadband Delivery Control System, Conditional Access, Server-client negotiations, MPEG flows, Structured Query Language, TCP/IP, Unix system administration, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads system engineers, provides guidance for standards and methodology, and approves MOPs.
- Perform technical acceptance testing, architect and design, troubleshoot, document, and operationalize video network/devices critical to Charters Cisco and Arris digital controller systems
- Resolving production issues escalated to the team
- Reviewing MOPs for deployments and maintenance
- Providing Tier IV after-hours support for the Cisco platform technologies
- Working with Implementation teams on various projects/initiatives
- Perform other duties as requested by manager
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience performing engineering responsibilities within headend environments
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience working with platform technologies
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience working within Digital Video environments
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working with Cisco EC/DNCS
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience
Additional Job Requirements
- Experience working with Cisco platform technologies; EC/DNCS, DTACS, TED, RCAS, QPSK, GQAM, RFGateway, Netcrypt/vDCM, CBR8, VMWare, CMTS, STBs and DTAs
- Experience working with Cisco, or Mystro Back Office suite, along with associated technologies required for delivery of video services
- Experience with hands on operations support, performing video devices or systems upgrades, and break/fix activities
- Experience with Code Deployments, and some familiarity with SDV, VOD, Digital Ad Insertion, MPEG transports (multicast and unicast)
- Experience working within Telecommunications industry
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go