Principal Engineer III - VOD & SDV
Greenwood Village, Colorado, Denver, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Our Operating Model focuses on maintaining operational excellence and reliability of Spectrum’s network to enhance our customer’s experience. The Network Operations environment is based on our Key Laws of Focus which values accuracy, resiliency and response time.
Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 02/22/2021 Requisition Number: 275846BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology, Network Operations, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
The Principal Engineer III (VOD & SDV) is responsible for operationalizing engineering changes and supporting upgrade activities that maintain and enhance the company's telecommunications and video processing hardware, software and software configurations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Advanced Engineering on system design and configuration, and to review architectural designs
- Responsible for operationalizing engineering changes and supporting upgrade activities that maintain and enhance the company's telecommunications.
- Maintain video processing hardware, software, and software configurations.
- Advises team leaders, and supports implementation efforts and determines maintenance windows with the least customer impact
- Viewed as the ‘go-to’ expert in their functional area; this person will provide internal Tier 4 support as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of overall engineering work experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience with CDN architectures and solutions
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience distributing digital video with an emphasis on VOD
- Minimum of five (5) years of design and architecture experience within cable headend and datacenter environments
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with deployments and integrations of content platforms
- Subject matter expert in VOD architecture and delivery (Commscope CMM/Mediakind MDMS)
- Subject matter expert in SDV architecture and delivery (Commscope/Synamedia)
- Subject matter expert in CDN architectures (Akamai, Alcatel Lucent, Amazon AWS)
- Experience performing platform deployment and integrations of content platforms
- Experience working with Synamedia and Commscope headend systems
- Knowledge of SDV, VOD, ERM, and SRM platforms
- Experience working with Video Transport, and Video Delivery
- Linux/Unix systems environment
- Skilled at working with development teams with the testing and implementations within new products
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting VOD/SDV systems and CDN HW/SW
- Experience working within Telecommunications industry
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education; negotiations begin at $113700
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hear from Our Team
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 95,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 30 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.