Principal Network Security Engineer
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Applications Platform Operations (APO) encompasses an expansive range of proficiencies over five major areas of expertise: IT Security, Provisioning, Operations System Support, Data Implementation, and Email and Customer Portal. We focus on the technology and services that create a seamless and secure customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Applications Platform Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 08/21/2019 Requisition Number: 247692BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology Services, Network Operations, Security, Software Engineering, Systems Engineer Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for cloud security architecture and engineering activities that protect, monitor, detect and alert on potential security threats to the company's private and public cloud infrastructures. This position will work closely with software engineering and technical operations staff on the operation and implementation of existing and new security technologies and tools to improve security operations and service delivery. They will continue to evaluate cloud security operational strategies and develop requirements for new operational counter-measures and their deployment. Serve as the cloud security expert for Charter and represent Charter on industry and governmental committees, standards bodies, and conferences.
DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design and implement a cloud security architecture for Charter’s private and public cloud infrastructures.
- Perform ongoing risk assessments and develop recommendations for tools, technologies and processes Charter’s cloud infrastructure.
- Perform technology evaluations and develop recommendations on cloud security technologies
- Develop cloud security standards for Charter and industry related standards bodies and organizations.
- Provide security consultation on critical business projects that may interact or is hosted in Charter’s private and public cloud infrastructures
- Develop system logic for Charter’s Security Operations Center to detect security threats in Charter’s cloud operations.
- Technical lead and consultant to Charter’s Security Operations Center on any cloud related security event and incident response.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on improvements based on security requirements.
- Ensures compliance with security standards, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Mentors and guides the work of senior technical security staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and/or related work experience.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of experience in IT/cloud/network experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years engineering work experience.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience cyber security experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in cloud security.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Knowledge of network and system security vulnerabilities and exploits. Must understand what is required to prevent security exploits, how to detect security attacks and anomalies, reverse engineering and how to respond to security incidents and intrusions.
- Understanding of related industry specifications and standards NIST, OWASP, CSRIC, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, DNS, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Expert in cloud security design, cloud security architecture, and networking protocols.
- Must have demonstrated experience in managing information security events and incidents for large cloud infrastructures.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to work across functional boundaries, build consensus and drive results.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as, good presentation skills.
- Must be able to problem solve, balance competing priorities, have a strong process orientation and be able to manage through complexity and rapid change.
- Must have one or more of the following certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) or similar cloud security certification, and/or SANS Global Information Assurance Certification, such as GCIH, GCIA, GPEN, GCED.
- Must have industry and vendor specific certifications and training (AWS, Azure, UNIX, Cisco, Juniper).
- Knowledge of cloud security technologies, such as Identity and Access Management, Cloud Management platforms, Web Application Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Denial of Service protections and cloud networking.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Having worked for Spectrum for over 10 years, I have been provided with the opportunity to learn within my role, but I have also taken advantage of education assistance to support the completion of my degree. I started at the front line and worked my way to Engineering, so I can attest to the opportunity for career growth the company has presented. Leadership has developed an environment where self-starters can thrive.Andrew, Systems Engineer III
Working for Spectrum has been an excellent experience, both challenging and rewarding. As an Engineer in a group responsible for our company's private Cloud infrastructure, I’ve had a unique opportunity to work with a variety of platforms and systems on a large scale not present in most companies. Our team is a group of diverse individuals who don't just believe in supporting each other and excelling in our roles, but who put these ideas into practice every day. Our department leaders make an equally large effort to ensure that we are equipped with the tools, training, skills, and knowledge needed to support today's virtualization platforms, along with tomorrow's upcoming technologies. I am proud to be part of this company and my team, and each day I look forward to coming to work knowing that I am contributing to the success of the company, and the satisfaction of our customers.Eric, Systems Engineer III
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn more about our 95,000 employees, range of products and services, and advertising solutions available to 26 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.