Product Manager - Mobile DevicesApply Now Date posted 08/19/2019 Requisition Number: 245553BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Product Management Position Type: Full Time
This position is responsible for defining, launching and lifecycle managing the device portfolio (e.g. smartphones, tablets, accessories, etc.). Input gathering and authoring of device requirements, recommending and gaining approval for the device roadmap, OEM/model selection, and general portfolio management (e.g. firmware upgrades, end-of-life process, etc.) are at the center of a fast paced, highly visible effort.
Aspects of leading the device development/launch process include driving the device certification process, facilitating promotional programs, supporting device forecasting and maintaining OEM relationships. Other major responsibilities include coordination with sales and care channels, supporting auditing and operations, developing channel promotional programs, and reporting key metrics to the company.
The role will report to the Director of Device Experience, but will operate in a highly matrixed environment with numerous key stakeholders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Deeply understand industry best practices in product development process specific to the Cable or telecommunications space and translate appropriate steps for unique organization and market position.
- Collaborative information gathering to translate high level process goals into specific sub-processes with appropriate documentation.
- Develop communication plan for stakeholders and process participants.
- Proactively identify analysis to support the effort and conduct with deep analytics when appropriate while maintaining an eye toward the bigger picture.
- Support the development and communication of Product Strategies dependent on new services/features to drive financial results. Work with engineering, product management peers, marketing stakeholders and key market areas on implementing strategy.
- Lead content and product launches and enhancements of products in the two Charter Operating Units to include working with Corporate Engineering, Corporate and Field Marketing and Field Engineering.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Product Management and/or Product Development Experience Required, preferably in Cable, Telecommunications, Software or Web Services
- Aptitude and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Ability to lead large, cross-functional teams in order to achieve business goals and results
- Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and synthesize recommendations
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good organizational and office management skills
- Excellent cognitive and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong business sense and sense of urgency to achieve business results
Undergraduate degree required
MBA preferred, but not required
Prefer technical degree related to the telecommunications field or operational/process optimization
Related Work Experience
3-5 years of Product Development Process
3-5 years of related industry experience (Cable, Telecommunications, Software/Online Services)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.