Scrum MasterApply Now Date posted 02/04/2019 Requisition Number: 235070BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Product Management Position Type: Full Time
The Scrum Master is an essential process management role on Charter’s various Account & Support development teams. This role is focused on working with the Charter Account & Support web and mobile development team, the development architect, development testers, business administrators, design team, product organization, and the director of Account & Support development. This position is responsible for a sensible sprint commitment and delivering on that commitment by Agile development methodologies. Experience in running agile development teams on WEB and Mobile applications at an enterprise organization are required for this position.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Closely monitors velocity and works with the development architect to make sure all developers are being productive and are set up to succeed each and every sprint.
- Runs all Scrum ceremonies, including: daily stand ups, iteration planning, backlog grooming and estimating, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives; but also makes sure to avoid meeting overload.
- Attends bug-triage meetings and helps assign responsible development teams
- Responsible for the burndown chart making sense, keeping in-sprint stories organized and properly managed, and continually checking in with the development team to both increase productivity and ensure quality.
- Advocates for the Agile process across the company.
- Reports on development team progress early and often.
- Manages, maintains utilizes the chosen project management tool (JIRA).
- Contributes to the planning of Product Roadmaps.
- Ensures alignment between the business operational strategies and technical solutions.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Experience in medium to large scale consumer facing product development
- Proven track record building and releasing new products from conception to production
- Possess a deep technical knowledge of client side UI/UX development across multiple platforms and form factors (web, phone, tablet, TV, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative Agile environment
- Aptitude and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Ability to motivate others
- Ability to manage complex and diverse projects
- Ability to lead large, cross-functional teams in order to achieve business goals and results
- Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications; proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good organizational and office management skills
- Great cognitive and communications skills
- Great analytical skills
- Good business acumen and sense of urgency to achieve business results
Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
- 3 years of experience in Product Development Process
- Related industry experience
- software/online services
- Product development experience preferably in
- cable, telecommunications, software or web services
- Office environment
- Limited travel
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go