Security Engineer I - SOC AnalystApply Now Date posted 01/29/2019 Requisition Number: 234869BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for engineering activities that monitor, detect and alert on potential security threats and vulnerabilities to the company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software and electrical systems. Works closely with network engineering and technical operations staff as security threats and vulnerabilities are detected and coordinates the response to contain and mitigate the threat to Charter’s network. Coordinates the incident response process for network security operations and communicates event status to leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Monitors security dashboard alerts to identify and respond to security events.
- Monitors and communicates threat intelligence from various resources that is relevant to Charter’s networks and systems.
- Coordinates the implementation of security counter-measures with the appropriate organizations.
- Performs vulnerability and configuration management scans and communicates results to system owners for remediation.
- Participates in the response to cyber incidents by gathering data and artifacts relevant to the event.
- Provides production support to security systems and tools used by Network Security Operations.
- Ensures compliance with security standards, policies and procedures.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of IT/network experience
- At least one (1) year of Information security
- Minimum of one (1) year of Information security operations
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Position requires knowledge of network and system security vulnerabilities and exploits
- Must understand what is required to prevent security exploits, how to detect security attacks and anomalies and how to respond to security incidents and intrusions
- Basic knowledge of forensic methodologies and best practices to investigate intrusions, preserve evidence and coordinate a unified security response
- Must have demonstrated experience in managing information security events and incidents
- Demonstrated the ability to work across functional boundaries, build consensus and drive results
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and should have good presentation skills
- Must be a problem solver, able to balance competing priorities, have a strong process orientation and be able to manage through complexity and rapid change
- Current security certifications, such as Network+, Security+, CCNA Security, Linux+
- Botnet and Denial of Service detection and remediation
- Ethical hacking and penetration testing
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Experience in Enterprise Operations
- Support of 24x7 SOC
- Office Environment
- 24x7 Network operations support
- 4x10s on the nights and weekends
- Requires weekend and evening shift work
- Minimal Travel Required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go