Security Engineer I - Vulnerabilty and RemediationApply Now Date posted 01/31/2019 Requisition Number: 234756BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Facilities/Security, Information Technology Services, Network Engineering, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for tracking and remediating vulnerabilities discovered by the Network security team. Leads and coordinates stakeholder meetings with affected stakeholders as well as provides updates to management regarding remediation status.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evolve and expand the existing remediation program infrastructure and processes to ensure that vulnerabilities are remediated in accordance to Charter’s policies.
- Coordinate small cross functional teams.
- Work collaboratively with all levels of the business.
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding the status of remediation.
- Track the status of vulnerabilities from discovery to remediation.
- Be able to communicate effectively with technical and business unit personnel.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field or related work experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of IT/network experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of Information security experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of Information security operations experience
- Previous experience in a Security Operations team
- Knowledge of governance frameworks such as NIST.
- One or more of the following certifications: Security Essentials, Information Security Fundamentals, CCENT, or CySA
- Office Environment
- Minimal Travel Required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go