Security Engineer III – Penetration TestingApply Now Date posted 02/06/2019 Requisition Number: 235383BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for the engineering activities that monitor, detect and alert on potential security threats and vulnerabilities to the company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software and electrical systems. Works closely with network engineering and technical operations staff as security threats and vulnerabilities are detected and coordinates the response to contain and mitigate the threat to Charter’s network. Leads and coordinates the network penetration process for network security operations and communicate event status to executive leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Develops and recommends security policies, standards and configurations to the security governance committee.
- Leads and performs penetration testing and vulnerability testing/management.
- Provides testing support during security incidents.
- Recommends, designs and implements security systems and tools used by Network Security Operations and provides ongoing system support.
- Develops security requirements for new projects and performs the security testing prior to going into production.
- Coordinates engagements with 3rd party service providers to perform ongoing security testing on critical assets.
- Ensures compliance with security standards, policies and procedures.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of Three (3) years of experience within Information security
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Expert knowledge of application, network, and system security vulnerabilities and exploits
- Must understand what is required to prevent security exploits, how to detect security attacks and anomalies and how to respond to security incidents and intrusions
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to work across functional boundaries, build consensus and drive results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and should have good presentation skills
- Must be a problem solver, able to balance competing priorities, have a strong process orientation and be able to manage through complexity and rapid change
- One or more of the following security training/certifications; CISSP, Penetration Tester, Mobile device security analyst, Assessing and Auditing Networks, Incident Handler, Plunk Power User
- Current security certifications, such as CISSP, CEH, ISACA CISM, CRISC and SANS GIAC. Firewall, Intrusion Detection Systems, and router engineering. Ethical hacking and penetration testing
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go