Security Engineer III - SOC Analyst
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Applications Platform Operations (APO) encompasses an expansive range of proficiencies over five major areas of expertise: IT Security, Provisioning, Operations System Support, Data Implementation, and Email and Customer Portal. We focus on the technology and services that create a seamless and secure customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Applications Platform Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 08/13/2019 Requisition Number: 243258BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology Services, Network Engineering, Network Operations, Systems Engineer Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for monitoring, detecting and alerting on potential security threats and vulnerabilities to the company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software and electrical systems. Works closely with network engineering and technical operations staff as security threats and vulnerabilities are detected and coordinates the response to contain and mitigate the threat to Charter’s network. Serves as final escalation point for all security incidents. Performs digital forensics on compromised systems. Responsible for SIEM content creation and deployment. Also responsible for proactively searching for internal vulnerabilities and threats traditional security activities such as vulnerability scanning and penetration testing might not discover.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Designs and implements processes and controls that acquire and correlate security relevant system and application log data to alert and report on potential security events.
- Actively searches all areas of the internal network for hidden threats and vulnerabilities.
- Serves as highest level of escalation for security incident response.
- Performs digital forensics on compromised systems.
- Mentors junior-level staff on proper security incident response and threat validity.
- Implements, maintains and monitors threat intelligence data from various resources that is relevant to Charter’s networks and systems.
- Develops and coordinates the implementation of security counter-measures with the appropriate organizations.
- Designs and implements the system logic to detect security threats.
- Recommends, designs and implements security systems and tools used by Network Security
- Operations and provides ongoing system support.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of engineering work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of Information security operations experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of Security incident response experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with Network operations/engineering
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Expert knowledge of network and system security vulnerabilities and exploits
- Must understand what is required to prevent security exploits, how to detect security attacks and anomalies and how to respond to security incidents and intrusions
- Expert knowledge of forensic methodologies and best practices to investigate intrusions, preserve evidence and coordinate a unified security response
- Demonstrated experience in managing information security events and incidents for large and sophisticated networks
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to work across functional boundaries, build consensus and drive results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and should have good presentation skills
- Must be a problem solver, able to balance competing priorities, have a strong process orientation and be able to manage through complexity and rapid change
- Current security certifications, such as CISSP, GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, GCTI, CHFI.
- Experience in enterprise operations
- Experience in digital forensics and incident response
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) content creation
- Ability to right regular expressions for correlation
- Python and other scripting language
- Office Environment
- 24x7 Network operations support
- May require some weekends and evening shift work
- On-call rotation
- Minimal Travel Required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Having worked for Spectrum for over 10 years, I have been provided with the opportunity to learn within my role, but I have also taken advantage of education assistance to support the completion of my degree. I started at the front line and worked my way to Engineering, so I can attest to the opportunity for career growth the company has presented. Leadership has developed an environment where self-starters can thrive.Andrew, Systems Engineer III
Working for Spectrum has been an excellent experience, both challenging and rewarding. As an Engineer in a group responsible for our company's private Cloud infrastructure, I’ve had a unique opportunity to work with a variety of platforms and systems on a large scale not present in most companies. Our team is a group of diverse individuals who don't just believe in supporting each other and excelling in our roles, but who put these ideas into practice every day. Our department leaders make an equally large effort to ensure that we are equipped with the tools, training, skills, and knowledge needed to support today's virtualization platforms, along with tomorrow's upcoming technologies. I am proud to be part of this company and my team, and each day I look forward to coming to work knowing that I am contributing to the success of the company, and the satisfaction of our customers.Eric, Systems Engineer III
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn more about our 95,000 employees, range of products and services, and advertising solutions available to 26 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.