Senior Director, Wireless ProductsApply Now Date posted 08/19/2019 Requisition Number: 243963BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
Responsible for leading the development and enhancement of Wi-Fi connectivity and management for Charter’s Residential Internet Customers. Applies expert knowledge on broadband and in-home connectivity technologies and market trends to define and deliver a multi-year roadmap for Charter’s device connectivity and management products. Reports to the VP Advanced WIFI Solutions of Wireless Products, and works independently, leading a cross-functional team that may include direct reports. The ideal candidate has extensive experience leading product development, a deep knowledge of broadband, Wi-Fi, and in-home connectivity products, and a vision for how Charter can leverage its capabilities to provide additional value to each customer’s digital experiences.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
• Responsible for understanding competitive products and consumer trends and incorporating into the product roadmap, and ensuring the competitiveness of Charter’s device connectivity and management products.
• Leads the planning of the product roadmap for Wi-Fi connectivity and management products, ensuring the right strategic portfolio and managing the sequence of development.
• Applies a strong understanding of product development processes to lead the execution of all product development initiatives for device connectivity and management products, holding the organization accountable to deliver the product roadmap.
• Manages capital budgets of related product development initiatives.
• Defines product features and requirements for device connectivity and management products, setting usability and performance standards.
• Develops effective partnerships between the Product Management team and the other supporting functional organizations (Engineering, Software Development, IT, Operations, 3rd Party suppliers, etc.) to properly interpret and deliver to the product requirements.
• Maintains a strong technical knowledge of Wi-Fi and broadband technologies and is able to collaborate effectively with Engineering groups.
• Ensures alignment between the business operational strategies and technical solutions.
• Accountable to the customer experience of Wi-Fi connectivity and management products, ensuring simplicity, quality, and operational excellence.
• Supports business development and strategic partnerships for Wi-Fi connectivity and management products, assessing potential partnerships, negotiating related deals, and managing resulting relationships, working closely with business development.
• Analyzes performance metrics of device connectivity and management products to recommend product improvements.
• Works closely with the Internet, Video, and Voice product teams to ensure a seamless customer device connectivity experience.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Wi-Fi connectivity and management competitive and market expert
• Deep understanding of competitive products and consumer trends
• Strong background and experience in broadband connection technologies – Wi-Fi, Ethernet, DOCSIS, MoCA, and associated equipment
• Ability to manage and foster change
• Ability to lead large, cross-functional teams in order to achieve business goals and results
• Ability to build, motivate and lead a team
• Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
• Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
• Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
• Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
• Ability to analyze and interpret data and synthesize recommendations
• Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
• Expertise in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong organizational and office management skills
• Strong business acumen and sense of urgency to achieve results
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related field
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Product Management / New Product Development Experience 7+
Related industry experience (Wireless, Telecommunications, Cable) 7+
Management experience 7+
Normal office environment
Travel up to 30%
Exposure to moderate noise levels
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.