Sr. Manager, AccessibilityApply Now Date posted 01/04/2019 Requisition Number: 231560BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Zip Code: 80111 Area of Interest: Product Management, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for driving Accessibility design, review and quality assurance of digital platforms, and also the training and ongoing education for accessibility experts on Accessibility Best Practices across multiple media platforms within the cable TV industry from mobile and tablet applications to television and web interfaces. Also, can manage multiple tasks simultaneously, have knowledge of building organizations, creating processes, and managing budgets, forecasting and strategy.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Actively and consistently support all activities to create and improve efficiencies for accessibility organization, including strategy and budgets.
- Collaborates with other designers, user experience experts and product specialists to define the newest multimedia experience for millions of customers.
- Functions as the liaison and facilitates collaboration between the Product Management team and the other supporting functional organizations (IT, Engineering, Product Development and 3rd party suppliers, etc.) to properly interpret and deliver to the functional accessibility specifications.
- Lead, develop, train and coach the Accessibility testing team.
- Keep abreast with industry best practices in accessibility, product development process specific to the cable or telecommunications space and translates appropriate steps for unique organization and market position.
- Provide support and educate junior designers, development team members, and contractors with implementing proper accessibility practices.
- Accountable for teamwork assignments, directing work efforts, reviewing integrated project plans, and requirements documentation as applicable to the accessibility tasks.
- Establish and ensure alignment between the business operational strategies and required accessibility solutions.
- Identify and implement business processes/functions supported by existing process enablers vs. manual and redesign business processes where applicable to leverage available or new technologies and new standards set by the FCC.
- Support the development of Product Strategies dependent on new services/features and work with engineering and product management peers to ensure the strategy is successfully implemented.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Strong knowledge in Accessible technologies
- Strong knowledge of functional testing for people with various disabilities
- Working knowledge with standard suite of Accessibility tools (screen readers, etc.)
- Strong ability to lead large, cross-functional teams in order to achieve business goals and results
- Strong understanding of design impacts front-end HTML development and Accessibility requirements
- Strong knowledge of how front-end HTML needs to be coded to comply with Accessibility requirements
- Strong knowledge of all native and web-based accessibility standards and testing protocols
- Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and synthesize recommendations
- Ability to think strategically and anticipate future trends, needs and expectations
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and office management skills
- Strong cognitive and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong business sense and sense of urgency to achieve business results
- Highly accomplished designer in the digital realm and an innovative self-starter with strong collaboration skills
- Possess empathy for users with various disabilities, knowledge of and passion for the entertainment industry
- Aptitude and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly
Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience
Prefer technical degree related to the telecommunications field or operational/process optimization
Related Work Experience
- 6 - 7 years Product Design and Development Process
- 6 - 7 years Related industry experience (Cable, Telecommunications, Software/Online Services)
- Extensive experience working and collaborating with front-end developers to realize the creative vision
- Product Management and/or Product Development Experience Required, preferably in Cable, Telecommunications, Software or Web Services
- 3 - 5 years Management experience
- 6 - 7 years Accessibility testing
- 6 - 7 years Accessibility agency experience
- Some experience working and collaborating with front-end developers
- Some experience with user testing (guerrilla or formal)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go