Senior Manager – Portal Implementation
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Applications Platform Operations (APO) encompasses an expansive range of proficiencies over five major areas of expertise: IT Security, Provisioning, Operations System Support, Data Implementation, and Email and Customer Portal. We focus on the technology and services that create a seamless and secure customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Applications Platform Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 08/09/2019 Requisition Number: 246893BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Software Engineering, Systems Engineer, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
The Senior Manager for Portal Implementations will be responsible for leading and providing daily management and operational support to a team of senior systems engineers. Responsible for preparation, deployment, capacity management, change management, configuration and ongoing operation of Spectrum’s Portal platforms with a primary footprint in AWS. This role works closely with our Product, Software Development, and other teams across the organization to plan and prepare applications for the production environments. Set standards, policies and master plans for all customer facing Portal applications and champion solutions that enable increased efficiency across Network Operations and other parts of the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage team of senior-level engineers responsible for all aspects of the process to prepare applications for production.
- Provides engineering support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operational initiatives.
- Responsible to monitor and maintain the established departmental SLAs.
- Establishes reporting metrics and methods to pull ad-hoc data, as needed.
- Works with operational areas within Network Operations, Customer Operations, and Product to establish and improve processes.
- Oversees department schedule, ensuring that all days and hours of operation are adequately staffed.
- Manages staffing needs for the business unit.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as in cross functional team situations
- Expert-level understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, 24x7 Operations, Infrastructure as a Service, and automated deployment pipelines.
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Manage team to business priorities and internal process standards to ensure quality and consistency of all services to end users.
- Coordinate preparation of the capital and operating budget process and monitor activity throughout the year to ensure capital and operating expenses are controlled according to the budgeted plan to meet or exceed annual cash flow, including negotiating with contractors and vendors to achieve bids within budget.
- Consult with peers regarding technical operations and strategic planning of builds, network operations, new product development, and deployment
- Responsible for compliance with company engineering standards, policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of nine (9) years of Engineering experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of Project Management work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of Engineering Management experience
- Ability to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to work across functional boundaries, build consensus and drive results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and good presentation skills
- A problem solver, able to balance competing priorities, strong process orientation and ability to manage through complexity and rapid change
- Understanding of networking, load balancing principles and approaches to scaling out of systems
- Familiarity with deployment methodologies and tools for application code
- Previous experience managing a Network Operations team
- Experience managing teams that span geographical locations
- Experience in designing, deploying, and managing large scale application infrastructures.
- Software development and Devops experience
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Having worked for Spectrum for over 10 years, I have been provided with the opportunity to learn within my role, but I have also taken advantage of education assistance to support the completion of my degree. I started at the front line and worked my way to Engineering, so I can attest to the opportunity for career growth the company has presented. Leadership has developed an environment where self-starters can thrive.Andrew, Systems Engineer III
Working for Spectrum has been an excellent experience, both challenging and rewarding. As an Engineer in a group responsible for our company's private Cloud infrastructure, I’ve had a unique opportunity to work with a variety of platforms and systems on a large scale not present in most companies. Our team is a group of diverse individuals who don't just believe in supporting each other and excelling in our roles, but who put these ideas into practice every day. Our department leaders make an equally large effort to ensure that we are equipped with the tools, training, skills, and knowledge needed to support today's virtualization platforms, along with tomorrow's upcoming technologies. I am proud to be part of this company and my team, and each day I look forward to coming to work knowing that I am contributing to the success of the company, and the satisfaction of our customers.Eric, Systems Engineer III
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn more about our 95,000 employees, range of products and services, and advertising solutions available to 26 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.