Senior Product Intelligence DeveloperApply Now Date posted 01/29/2019 Requisition Number: 234559BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
Enable data-driven decision making and in-time health monitoring of Charter's products by building and deploying product and feature specific analytics capabilities. Support product teams with the complex design, development and implementation of automated reporting and dashboards. Produce complex ad hoc reports and analytics. Develop real-time analytics for measuring product health, usage and customer value.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, and implement complex reports and analytics
- Leverage various data and technology resources to augment analysis
- Expertly use analytical tools to provide insight and make recommendations
- Use advanced data visualizations techniques to provide concise and compelling summary of analysis findings in reports and presentations
- Interact with various stakeholders to understand their business needs, communicate project status and develop relationships to ensure satisfaction
- Be a thought partner within the group, supporting the developments of insights, processes, and information that is valued by the business
- QA and validate new and existing reports and analytics for proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
- Write SQL code that meets the production requirements and design specifications
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to address specific business questions from stakeholder groups
- Participate in visualization design and deployment review sessions to ensure all technical and functional requirements have been met
- Maintain accurate documentation of reporting processes and monitor and resolve any failures
- Mentor and lead junior developers in both design and technology
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- In-depth ability to analyze, interpret, and present data
- In-depth skills with SQL and database query tools
- In-depth understanding of best design and implementation practices in Tableau desktop, and server
- In-depth knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Ability to deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems,
Engineering, Mathematics or related field
Related Work Experience
- 2 to 4 years experience designing and building reports and analytics using Tableau desktop and server, 8.2 or higher
- 5 to 8 years experience designing and building reports and analytics using other tools, such as Cognos, MircoStrategy, Business Objects, SSRS etc.
- 5 to 8 years experience with data extraction experience using SQL
- 5 to 8 years experience with database tools experience such as Hive, HUE, Sqoop, Pig etc.
- 5 to 8 years experience with Python and/or bash scripting
- 1+ years Git source control management experience
- 5 to 8 years Linux operating system experience
- 5 to 8 years experience using Big Data platforms such as HortonWorks, Cloudera etc.
- 5 to 8 years experience in data validation, analysis, and debugging
- 5 to 8 years experience requirements gathering, analysis, and documentation
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go