Software Engineer, AEM Web DevelopmentApply Now Date posted 08/09/2019 Requisition Number: 246306BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering Position Type: Full Time
Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
JOB TITLE: Software Engineer, AEM Web Development
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The chosen person will work with a variety of team members to construct scalable, web-based applications and tools using Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
• Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
• Codes and performs unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements.
• Codes, tests, and debugs new software or makes enhancements to existing software
• Writes programs according to specifications and may define specifications for complex programs
• Repairs critical systems on an as needed basis.
• Participates in code review sessions to validate adherence with development standards
• Develops and maintains technical documentation.
• Serves as an escalation point to resolve incidents and problems with software supported by the team in accordance with identified Service Level Agreements.
• Generates a variety of complex and periodic reports and/or data through database management, data administration and data extraction techniques
• Provides management with system analysis and feedback and improvement recommendations.
• Works with software architects and influences system design by identifying and recommending design and requirements needs for software enhancements
• Maximizes the efficiency of the various software systems by implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software programs.
• Participates in continuous performance improvement sessions to discuss opportunities to improve processes or standards.
• Analyzes and resolves software related problems by coordinating with technical teams to diagnose and fix operational issues, as well as consulting, advising and training on specialized features and functions.
• Follows established configuration/change control processes.
• Collaborates with customers, internal and cross-departmental technical teams to identify software problems and communicate remediation plans
• Mentors and coaches less experienced staff
• Works with team to estimate effort associated with work assigned.
Abilities and Knowledge
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Experience working with DevOps engineers to build and deploy infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies.
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
• Experience with software security principles and patterns.
• Must be capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
• Ability to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and contribute to a common culture of excellence
• Demonstrated Content Management System (CMS) experience
• Experience with production implementations of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)/CQ5
• Development background with Java/J2EE
• Experience with Groovy
• Demonstrated experience with AEM templates, components, dialogs, widgets and services
• Strong knowledge of HTML/HTML5, Sightly, CSS and LESS
• Experience building mobile responsive websites (Bootstrap)
• Experience with web servers (Apache, nginx)
• Experience with AEM dispatcher configurations
• Experience with RESTful/JSON API service delivery
• Demonstrated experience with the Java Content Repository (JCR) specification, Apache Sling, Apache Felix, OSGI, DAM and workflows
• Experience with automated build tools such as Gradle or Maven
• Experience with version control systems (GIT, Artifactory)
• Experience collaborating with other technical team members to deliver solutions
• Experience troubleshooting and resolving complex issues
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Software development experience 6+
Development experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)/CQ5 6+
HTML/HTML5 and CSS 6+
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.