Software Engineer III - Java/ Groovy
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Applications Platform Operations (APO) encompasses an expansive range of proficiencies over five major areas of expertise: IT Security, Provisioning, Operations System Support, Data Implementation, and Email and Customer Portal. We focus on the technology and services that create a seamless and secure customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Applications Platform Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 11/07/2019 Requisition Number: 252717BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Systems Engineer Position Type: Full Time
The Systems Engineer III is responsible for design, development, and implementation of automation workflow for enterprise-wide Operations Support Systems (OSS) applications. This role is also responsible for OSS Administration and performance monitoring and diagnostics tool. The candidate shall be able to work independently during the requirements analysis, system design, code development, testing, and implementation. The candidate is expected to lead automation projects using agile development methodologies. Candidate shall be able to provide operational support for large scale cloud infrastructure, virtualization (platforms such as VMware) and containerization using technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for design, development, and implementation of automation workflow for enterprise-wide Operations Support Systems (OSS) applications
- Meet with users across the business to understand their workflows, building the right solutions to enhance their technology experience.
- Design, implement, and support scalable application solutions to address a variety of business challenges.
- Provide Operational support for large scale cloud infrastructure, virtualization (platforms such as VMware) and containerization using technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Drive consistent improvement by refining, tooling, automation, and documentation.
- Maintain and implement application configuration and security compliance standards.
- Identify ways to improve stability, scalability, and performance of systems and infrastructure
- On-call rotation to provide 24 X 7 production support
- Excellent technical skills including strong problem-solving abilities.
- Provide timely feedback to leadership on proposed updates and proactively identify potential areas of concern
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of Systems Engineering and/or Development experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of development experience using Groovy and web service (REST, SOAP) integration.
- Minimum of one (1) years of experience with Unix/Linux Administration
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience supporting Performance Monitoring and Diagnostic tools (e.g. AppDynamics, Instana or others) in an Enterprise setting
- Working knowledge of Operational Support System (OSS) tools like ticketing, monitoring, Inventory management , Access Management and Telemetry tools
- Working knowledge of networks, routing, firewalls and TCP/UDP/IP
- Experience working with the following technologies: DNS, RADIUS, LDAP, SSO
- Proven ability to analyze & troubleshoot the production issues
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely in written and oral form, as well as, effectively work and communicate with cross-functional and distributed team of developers, business partners and stake holders.
- Ability to understand customer requirements, develop and propose the most appropriate approach to solve technical problems
- Experience with Continuous Integration and deployment environments (Jenkins, Github)
- Experience with large scale cloud infrastructure, virtualization (platforms such as VMware) and containerization technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Ability to prepare and review the design documentation
- Ability to plan, develop and execute unit test cases to ensure that the developed code performs per the requirements
- Ability to perform duties in a fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Experience with MySQL, MongoDB, or other databases and query refinement tools
- Experience working within Telecommunications industry
- RedHat Certified Administrator/Engineer
- Knowledge of network topology and OSI models
- Deep-Dive Performance Monitoring experience
- Monitoring application performance during performance tests or production usage through the performance diagnostic tools to isolate the fault domain and identify root cause of performance issues.
- Profiling application performance from end-user perspective for performance concerns and suggest tuning opportunities across the application stack
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Having worked for Spectrum for over 10 years, I have been provided with the opportunity to learn within my role, but I have also taken advantage of education assistance to support the completion of my degree. I started at the front line and worked my way to Engineering, so I can attest to the opportunity for career growth the company has presented. Leadership has developed an environment where self-starters can thrive.Andrew, Systems Engineer III
Working for Spectrum has been an excellent experience, both challenging and rewarding. As an Engineer in a group responsible for our company's private Cloud infrastructure, I’ve had a unique opportunity to work with a variety of platforms and systems on a large scale not present in most companies. Our team is a group of diverse individuals who don't just believe in supporting each other and excelling in our roles, but who put these ideas into practice every day. Our department leaders make an equally large effort to ensure that we are equipped with the tools, training, skills, and knowledge needed to support today's virtualization platforms, along with tomorrow's upcoming technologies. I am proud to be part of this company and my team, and each day I look forward to coming to work knowing that I am contributing to the success of the company, and the satisfaction of our customers.Eric, Systems Engineer III
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.