Sr Mgr, Mobile Product ManagementApply Now Date posted 01/03/2019 Requisition Number: 229397BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Zip Code: 80111 Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for leading product lifecycle and development initiatives for our Charter services and applications. Will focus on defining cross-functional requirements and developing Charter’s Spectrum Mobile Product set to meet evolving customer needs, business opportunities, and to deliver an industry leading customer experience. Assume leadership in ad hoc cross-functional team building and input gathering and will be at the center of a fast paced, highly visible effort.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Actively and consistently lead all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience of the residential voice product.
- Clear and consistent communication with sponsors and stakeholders including product analysis and presentations, product documentation and education and responsibility to represent the product throughout the organization.
- Deep understanding of industry best practices in product development process specific to the wireless telecommunications space and translate appropriate steps for unique organization and market position.
- Collaborative information gathering to translate high level process goals into specific sub-processes with appropriate documentation.
- Develop communication plan for stakeholders and process participants.
- Proactively identify analysis to support the effort and conduct with deep analytics when appropriate while maintaining an eye toward the bigger picture.
- Support the development and communication of Product Strategies dependent on new services/features to drive financial results. Work with engineering, product management peers, marketing stakeholders and key market areas on implementing strategy.
- Lead content and product launches and enhancements of products in the two Charter Operating Units to include working with Corporate Engineering, Corporate and Field Marketing and Field Engineering.
- Assemble, examine, refine, validate, document, maintain, and summarize complex data for several product initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional projects and generates documentation of related to process improvement, product lifecycle management, or product development.
- Facilitate and present business process change with stakeholders in other departments; works with stakeholders to support the integration of new products and services, regulatory requirements, tools, technologies and markets into existing operations.
- Analyze and understand interdependencies and business risks which could impact the delivery of new Charter products, services, processes, and or support technologies.
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
- Aptitude and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Ability to lead large, cross-functional teams in order to achieve business goals and results
- Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to manage a team
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and synthesize recommendations
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational and office management skills
- Excellent cognitive and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong business sense and sense of urgency to achieve business results
Undergraduate degree required
Master's degree preferred, but not required
Prefer technical degree related to the telecommunications field or operational/process optimization
Related Work Experience
5 - 7 years Product Development Process
5 - 7 years Related industry experience (Wireless Telecommunications)
5 - 7 years Product Management and/or Product Development Experience Required, preferably Telecommunications
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go