Supervisor of Network Security OperationsApply Now Date posted 01/03/2019 Requisition Number: 229522BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Zip Code: 80111 Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Supervise and provide operational support for a team of individuals that are responsible for assisting Internet subscribers with personal computer/device security recommendations and education. Understands and has the ability to interpret law, authorized use guidelines, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures. Assists in the development, implementation and enforcement of security department policies and procedures. Exhibits a broad understanding and expertise in multiple security subjects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Supervise a team of direct reports responsible for customer and network security related incidents.
- Assist with implementing subscriber security initiatives according to corporate strategy.
- Manage and ensures customers’ needs are met within the established scope of support.
- Responsible to monitor and maintain the established departmental SLA’s.
- Establish reporting metrics and methods to pull ad-hoc data, as needed.
- Work with operational areas within Customer Care, Legal, IT, and Network Security to establish and improve processes.
- Recommend staffing needs for the business unit, helps to coordinate hiring and training needs with HR.
- Maintain department schedule, ensuring that all days and hours of operation are adequately staffed.
- Monitor live calls, call stats and ticketing system stats to ensure workload is being maintained.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Systems Security, Cybersecurity, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of Five (5) years of Experience in an operations customer care or security call center, or IT help desk environment
- Minimum of two (2) years of Experience leading or providing daily supervision and operational support for a team of security consultants or care center agents.
- Read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to supervise, motivate others, and work in a team environment
- Knowledge of a security call center environment, with an emphasis on handling private and confidential information
- Working knowledge of database design, development and applications.
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Industry and vendor specific security certifications and training (CISSP/ CCNA)
- Understanding of security related software applications, programming, project management
- Office Environment
- Occasional travel as required
- Able to be available on call
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules including evenings, weekends and holidays
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go