Systems Engineer II - Application Analyst
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Applications Platform Operations (APO) encompasses an expansive range of proficiencies over five major areas of expertise: IT Security, Provisioning, Operations System Support, Data Implementation, and Email and Customer Portal. We focus on the technology and services that create a seamless and secure customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Applications Platform Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 08/08/2019 Requisition Number: 246814BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Systems Engineer Position Type: Full Time
Support/upgrade/troubleshoot various critical production applications in a Unix environment. This position will include on-call duties as assigned. Consistent with a 24 X 7 Operations environment, periodic cell phone availability will be necessary to respond to escalated issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and troubleshoot applications for issues. Analyze and take corrective action as necessary to ensure application(s) are up and running and are no longer impacting customers. Correlate various symptoms and identify the core issue. Assist in performing Root Cause Analysis.
- Create, review, and approve MOPs.
- Work on projects/systems/issues of medium complexity surrounding configuration, automation, and optimization.
- Be on rotation to do deployments to up keep systems and complete application upgrades, apply patches, etc. during maintenance hours.
- Experience in working with Splunk and able to analyze logs and identify specific problem areas in the applications.
- Comfortable communicating and working with various teams to assess/troubleshoot/resolve issues as necessary.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Understands and follows company policy.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to ensure 24x7 availability of applications
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of Network Engineering experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience supporting large scale services on a Unix platform.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience supporting critical 24/7 Unix-based production applications.
- Experience with systems and services designed to support multi-million customer counts is highly desired.
- Strong experience with at least one Unix-based OS. Experience with RedHat is a plus
- Experience supporting Oracle Weblogic 11g and above
- Experience supporting Apache Tomcat and monitoring tools
- Experience with running and supporting Oracle SOA Suite java applications, preferably in a clustered environment
- Experienced with tasks involved in the day-to-day operation, monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of large enterprise scale applications.
- Scripting and/or programming skills (e.g. shell, Perl, PHP, Python)
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with data/log mining tools (Splunk)
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery planning and implementation
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Previous experience working with provisioning systems
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Having worked for Spectrum for over 10 years, I have been provided with the opportunity to learn within my role, but I have also taken advantage of education assistance to support the completion of my degree. I started at the front line and worked my way to Engineering, so I can attest to the opportunity for career growth the company has presented. Leadership has developed an environment where self-starters can thrive.Andrew, Systems Engineer III
Working for Spectrum has been an excellent experience, both challenging and rewarding. As an Engineer in a group responsible for our company's private Cloud infrastructure, I’ve had a unique opportunity to work with a variety of platforms and systems on a large scale not present in most companies. Our team is a group of diverse individuals who don't just believe in supporting each other and excelling in our roles, but who put these ideas into practice every day. Our department leaders make an equally large effort to ensure that we are equipped with the tools, training, skills, and knowledge needed to support today's virtualization platforms, along with tomorrow's upcoming technologies. I am proud to be part of this company and my team, and each day I look forward to coming to work knowing that I am contributing to the success of the company, and the satisfaction of our customers.Eric, Systems Engineer III
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn more about our 95,000 employees, range of products and services, and advertising solutions available to 26 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.