Systems Engineer II – SplunkApply Now Date posted 01/09/2019 Requisition Number: 233569BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Zip Code: 80111 Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Network Engineering, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
The Systems Engineer II (Splunk Environment) is responsible for assisting in design, development, and implementation of the enterprise-wide Splunk architecture, both hardware and software applications as well as their associated operating systems and databases.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- As a systems engineer II, this role is not only to provide the highest level of expertise to the Splunk environment but to offer your skills to other team members in a non-management, SME role.
- Provide guidance on technical decisions for support
- Collaborate on design and implementation for internal application customers with team members
- Provide team members with training on new applications and designs for their respective responsibilities
- Development and document standards, process and procedures for forethinking operational efficiencies on the Splunk network
- Provide end to end network management and support for the enterprise Splunk deployment.
- Provide cutting edge solutions for internal customer applications
- Working closely with other teams and collaborating with other team members
- Planning and implementing future developments on all OSS platform deployed applications
- Second level support and problem resolution for all major outage or complicated technical challenges that may arise on any OSS platform related application.
- Work closely with team management and principle engineering on all architectural decisions
- Work in a team environment and collaborative role with other members of the OSS platform team as well as selected vendors to provide state of the art long term, technical solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and work experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of Systems Engineering experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with Splunk and large database repository environments
- At least two (2) years of hands-on experience in developing and supporting carrier grade database architectures
- Experience working with the following technologies: Splunk, Unix/Linux [RedHat/CentOS], PERL, SQL, IP networking protocols, Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with one or more of the following applications: Network routing, network switching, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, LDAP, load balancing, disaster recovery, scaling and sizing for network bandwidth utilization.
- Experience working within Telecommunications and cable industry
- Certification in Splunk applications: Splunk architect/admin/power user
- Oracle or database admin certification
- Vendor related network certifications
- Graduate degree or high level of technical certifications
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go