Systems Engineer II - Video Support Center
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 11/05/2019 Requisition Number: 251769BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Systems Engineer, Technical Operations, Video Operations Position Type: Full Time
The Systems Engineer II - Video Support Center-Systems is responsible for providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for the resolution of outages and service impairments in a 24x7x365 operation for the assigned shift. The Engineer is also responsible for reliable, consistent operation of these systems to provide a quality entertainment and information experience for our customers. The video systems included in this team’s purview include Video Back-Office Systems, Conditional Access Systems, Switched Digital Video Systems and Video on Demand Systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programming, trouble resolution, operations and maintenance of systems, applications and equipment used in the provisioning and delivery of Interactive Services.
- Providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for all video systems within Charter Communications.
- Responsible for reliable, consistent operation of video systems to provide a quality entertainment and information experience for our customers.
- Perform detailed trouble diagnosis, track and update problems in trouble ticketing system.
- Develop problem resolution procedures to meet serviceability requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three (3) years Engineering work experience
- Minimum two (2) years of experience performing application configuration, programming, installation, and maintenance within a Systems Administration capacity
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working with Unix/Linux based client / server systems and applications
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Sunday thru Wednesday - 9:00 PM to 8:00 AM
- Ability to work with Unix / Linux operating systems; specifically experience with RedHat, and Solaris.
- Knowledge of leading systems and applications support for complex, high-reliability systems and architectures supporting video services or back-offices.
- Direct experience and knowledge of VOD systems including AMS, catchers, caches, streamers and associated VOD back-offices.
- Knowledge of Conditional Access controllers, such as; Cisco DNCSs and Arris DACs, as well as, Switched Digital Video systems from vendors, such as; Arris and Cisco.
- Equivalent work experience such as Linus systems administration, Windows systems administration or demonstrable cable head end experience.
- SCTE - Understanding Network Technology.
- Ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience working with Unix/Linux based client/server systems and applications.
- Experience and knowledge of Charter back office systems such as Mystro and Spectrum.
- Working experience within Telecommunications industry.
- System Administration of complex Unix environments and associated certifications (RHCSA, RHCE).
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.