Systems Engineer II - Video Tools and Automation
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 01/10/2020 Requisition Number: 256144BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Systems Engineer, Technical Operations, Video Operations Position Type: Full Time
The Systems Engineer II participates and supports in planning, design, development, implementation, and execution of innovative application and platform solutions designed to support new or existing Video Operations ecosystems. Projects are usually complex and require a strong knowledge of development tools. General understanding of Video technologies and problem statements. Works in most phases of a project and reviews the work of peers. Performs maintenance and provides technical assistance and advice on existing software solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, test, and debug new software or make enhancements to existing software.
- Develop and perform unit, integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements.
- Participates in code review sessions to validate adherence with development standards
- Develops and maintains technical documentation
- Collaborates with customers, internal and cross-departmental technical teams to identify software problems and communicate remediation plans
- Maximizes the efficiency of the various software systems by implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software programs
- Participates in continuous performance improvement sessions to discuss opportunities to improve processes or standards
- Follows established configuration/change control processes
- Works with the Manager on any assigned tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in software development and design methodologies or DevOps.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with Linux, Unix, or MAC operating systems or environments and configurations.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in design/ optimization and troubleshooting of SQL, NoSQL
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working in an agile environment.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with tools like Gitlab, various IDEs, Jira, cloud technologies, preferably AWS
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in CI/CD Tools e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization tools such as Docker / Kubernetees or VirtualBox / VMware
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols, concepts and Services (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, OSI network layers, DNS, DHCP)
- Basic Knowledge of video delivery technologies, ecosystems and support functions
- Basic understanding of software design patterns and principles
- Basic knowledge of monitoring tools such as Splunk or the Elasticsearch (ELK) stack.
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage individual tasks
- Good technical knowledge of the Information Technology field and computer systems
- Demonstrated communication skills (written, interpersonal, presentation), with the ability to easily and effectively interact and negotiate with business stakeholders
- Creative and abstract thinking skills to envision and design innovative solutions to business opportunities and challenges
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Ability to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and contribute to a common culture of excellence
- Knowledge / experience performing requirements gathering, analysis, and documentation
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Good design, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.