Systems Engineer III - APO Data and Implementation Centers
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Applications Platform Operations (APO) encompasses an expansive range of proficiencies over five major areas of expertise: IT Security, Provisioning, Operations System Support, Data Implementation, and Email and Customer Portal. We focus on the technology and services that create a seamless and secure customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Applications Platform Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 03/28/2020 Requisition Number: 257067BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Systems Engineer, Technical Support Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for assisting in design, documentation, and environment implementation of enterprise-wide Operations Support Systems (OSS) for the STAMP program (Stage and Testing for Accuracy in Mops and Products).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for performing network modeling and simulations of network layers to identify both steady state and failover state network capacity requirements
- Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining current and future network topology maps for Stage environments.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Implements approved methods of procedure.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Implements and assists in designing corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Coaches less experienced staff.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, regularly as a project team lead.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years Data network experience - Cisco and/or Juniper
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Advanced knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Strong experience with Routing/Switching protocols/configurations
- Routing Information Protocols(RIP),Interior Gateway Protocol (IGRP),Open Shortest Path First (OSPF),Exterior Gateway Protocol (EGP),Enhanced interior gateway routing protocol (EIGRP),Border Gateway Protocol (BGP),Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS)
- VFR design/configuration
- Ability to produce MOPS and BOMS
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Strong experience with network designing software, such as Visio
- Network OSS application work experience
- System Administration work experience
- Database support and development work experience
- Enterprise Application Integration work experience
- Experience supporting Oracle Weblogic, Apache Tomcat and/or ActiveMQ
- Experience with Cisco CNR, DHCP protocol, TR069 protocol and Arris Edge
- CCNA/CCNP or equivalent
- CCIE Data Center or equivalent
- CCIE Routing and Switching or equivalent
- Office environment
- 5% travel is possible
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Having worked for Spectrum for over 10 years, I have been provided with the opportunity to learn within my role, but I have also taken advantage of education assistance to support the completion of my degree. I started at the front line and worked my way to Engineering, so I can attest to the opportunity for career growth the company has presented. Leadership has developed an environment where self-starters can thrive.Andrew, Systems Engineer III
Working for Spectrum has been an excellent experience, both challenging and rewarding. As an Engineer in a group responsible for our company's private Cloud infrastructure, I’ve had a unique opportunity to work with a variety of platforms and systems on a large scale not present in most companies. Our team is a group of diverse individuals who don't just believe in supporting each other and excelling in our roles, but who put these ideas into practice every day. Our department leaders make an equally large effort to ensure that we are equipped with the tools, training, skills, and knowledge needed to support today's virtualization platforms, along with tomorrow's upcoming technologies. I am proud to be part of this company and my team, and each day I look forward to coming to work knowing that I am contributing to the success of the company, and the satisfaction of our customers.Eric, Systems Engineer III
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.