Systems Engineer III - Cloud Infrastructure and Operations
Greenwood Village, Colorado, Denver, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Our Operating Model focuses on maintaining operational excellence and reliability of Spectrum’s network to enhance our customer’s experience. The Network Operations environment is based on our Key Laws of Focus which values accuracy, resiliency and response time.
Applications Platform Operations (APO) encompasses an expansive range of proficiencies over five major areas of expertise: IT Security, Provisioning, Operations System Support, Data Implementation, and Email and Customer Portal. We focus on the technology and services that create a seamless and secure customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Applications Platform Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 03/26/2021 Requisition Number: 278132BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology, Network Operations, Systems Engineering, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and improving compute, storage, virtualization, container, and operating systems in our Cloud Infrastructure and Operations group Implement and enhance current and new systems to ensure stable product delivery aligned with company initiatives and expectations. Support Charter Network Operations Cloud including maintenance, on call, triage, deployment, and planning for Cloud Infrastructure and Operations, operating systems, compute, storage, virtualization, containerization, and service delivery. Participate and engage as part of a cross functional team to support the initiatives of the department and our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and maintain current systems for Cloud Infrastructure and Operations including Compute, Storage, Virtualization, and Containers.
- Automate delivery and recovery of Compute, Storage, Virtualization, Containers and Operating Systems.
- Analyze and improve lifecycle management for Compute, Storage, Virtualization, Container, and Operating Systems.
- Develop and maintain operating system security hardening and patching standards to establish OS golden images.
- Participate in architecture discussions with peer and senior engineers to ensure Cloud Infrastructure and Operations is supporting business needs.
- Participate in cross functional groups with Advanced Engineering, IT, and others to ensure collaboration and success.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of Five (5) years of experience with Compute platforms including Rack Mount and Blade based technologies
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with Virtualization platforms such as VMware
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with Fiber Channel and Ethernet switching networks
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working with Data Center technologies
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with Advanced Linux Operating Systems Administration
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with Windows System Administration
- Minimum of one (2) years of experience with Container technology such as Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher
- Knowledge of Data Center Operations, Cloud Infrastructure, Server Compute, SAN Storage, Virtualization, Advanced Video, IP Networks, and Telephony
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Knowledge of all FCC compliance reports and other rules and regulations
- Knowledge of Cable Television or related technologies
- Experience with Unix/Linux or Windows systems administration
- Experience with SAN, NAS, Fiber Channel, NFS, S3, and Block Storage
- Experience with large Virtual Deployments using SAN and NAS storage solutions
- Experience with Compute in a Cloud Environment using Rack Mount and Blade Servers
- Experience with VMware or similar virtualization technologies
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker or other similar container technologies
- Experience with Public Cloud providers such as AWS, Google, or Azure
- Certifications in Virtualization, Containers, Compute, Storage, Networking, Public Cloud and Operating System technologies.
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education; negotiations begin at $64500
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hear from Our Team
Having worked for Spectrum for over 10 years, I have been provided with the opportunity to learn within my role, but I have also taken advantage of education assistance to support the completion of my degree. I started at the front line and worked my way to Engineering, so I can attest to the opportunity for career growth the company has presented. Leadership has developed an environment where self-starters can thrive.Andrew, Systems Engineer III
Working for Spectrum has been an excellent experience, both challenging and rewarding. As an Engineer in a group responsible for our company's private Cloud infrastructure, I’ve had a unique opportunity to work with a variety of platforms and systems on a large scale not present in most companies. Our team is a group of diverse individuals who don't just believe in supporting each other and excelling in our roles, but who put these ideas into practice every day. Our department leaders make an equally large effort to ensure that we are equipped with the tools, training, skills, and knowledge needed to support today's virtualization platforms, along with tomorrow's upcoming technologies. I am proud to be part of this company and my team, and each day I look forward to coming to work knowing that I am contributing to the success of the company, and the satisfaction of our customers.Eric, Systems Engineer III
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 95,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 31 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.