Systems Engineer III – Cloud Infrastructure StorageApply Now Date posted 02/08/2019 Requisition Number: 235419BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and improving compute, storage and virtualization in our Cloud Infrastructure group. Implement and enhance current and new systems to ensure stable product delivery aligned with company initiatives and expectations. Support operations including maintenance, on call, triage, deployment, and planning for Cloud Infrastructure, server compute, SAN storage, virtualization, containerization, service delivery, and network operations. Participate and engage as part of a cross functional team to support the initiatives of the department and our customers.
- Support and maintain current systems for Cloud Infrastructure including Compute, Storage, Storage Networks, Virtualization, and Containers.
- Maintain, Troubleshoot, and Enhance Cloud Infrastructure systems.
- Participate architecture discussions with peer and senior engineers to ensure Cloud Infrastructure is supporting business needs.
- Participates in cross functional groups with Advanced Engineering, IT, and others to ensure collaboration and success.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronic Engineering, related fields, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum Three (3) years of experience working with Network Attach Storage, Storage Area Networks, and File and Block based storage
- Minimum Three (3) years of experience with Fiber Channel switching networks
- At least Three (3) years of experience with Object Store systems
- Minimum of Three (3) years of experience with Compute platforms including Rack Mount and Blade based technologies
- At least Three (3) years of experience with Virtualization platforms such as VM Ware
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Knowledge of Data Center Operations, Cloud Infrastructure, Server Compute, SAN Storage, Virtualization, Advanced Video, IP Networks, and Telephony
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Cable Television or related technologies
- One or more of the following certifications; Cisco UCS, HPE OneView, DCUCI, HPE Virtual Connect, NetApp, VMware, RHCSA
- Experience with SAN, NAS, Fiber Channel, NFS, S3, and Block Storage
- Experience with Object Store platforms and VM Ware
- Experience with large Virtual Deployments using SAN and NAS storage solutions
- Experience with Compute in a Cloud Environment using Rack Mount and Blade Servers
- Certifications in NetApp, Brocade, or EMC Storage Platforms
- Office environment
- On Call
- Travel as required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go