Systems Engineer III - Provisioning Applications Analyst
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Applications Platform Operations (APO) encompasses an expansive range of proficiencies over five major areas of expertise: IT Security, Provisioning, Operations System Support, Data Implementation, and Email and Customer Portal. We focus on the technology and services that create a seamless and secure customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Applications Platform Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 10/16/2019 Requisition Number: 251366BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Systems Engineer Position Type: Full Time
This position will be part of a software development engineering team responsible for analyzing, testing, implementing, and documenting new and existing processes. Participation in full life-cycle of systems engineering activities of high-quality, scalable solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates with the Information Technology department to review existing integration capabilities, data sources, and proposed solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality
- Uses established change management processes, requiring operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact, (i.e. during established maintenance window)
- Provisions single customer account using different care tools
- Analyzes fall out for single or multiple customer accounts
- Understand the activation flow and be able to help resolve complex activation issues reported by field technicians
- Understand Splunk and be able to pull logs and provide volumes for failures
- Write queries and analyses data obtained from the queries
- Monitors and assists in managing applications, device availability, network conditions and status, system reliability and performance, service and program maintenance and storage resources
- Participates in reviews for new development tools, application frameworks and testing tools for functionality and effectiveness
- Evaluate new products, to understand how they will be supported in the provisioning system
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding provisioning.
- Serves in on-call rotation to support high priority customer provisioning issues outside of normal working hours.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years analytical and problem solving skills
- Minimum three (3) years of SQL experience, writing queries using multiple source.
- Minimum three (3) years of Cable Industry experience.
- Experience in Java Development preferred
- Proficient Knowledge of basic network devices and basic network appliances
- Knowledge in DOCSIS and Packet Cable provisioning
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Previous experience working with provisioning systems
- Being able to understand XML and Splunk
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Having worked for Spectrum for over 10 years, I have been provided with the opportunity to learn within my role, but I have also taken advantage of education assistance to support the completion of my degree. I started at the front line and worked my way to Engineering, so I can attest to the opportunity for career growth the company has presented. Leadership has developed an environment where self-starters can thrive.Andrew, Systems Engineer III
Working for Spectrum has been an excellent experience, both challenging and rewarding. As an Engineer in a group responsible for our company's private Cloud infrastructure, I’ve had a unique opportunity to work with a variety of platforms and systems on a large scale not present in most companies. Our team is a group of diverse individuals who don't just believe in supporting each other and excelling in our roles, but who put these ideas into practice every day. Our department leaders make an equally large effort to ensure that we are equipped with the tools, training, skills, and knowledge needed to support today's virtualization platforms, along with tomorrow's upcoming technologies. I am proud to be part of this company and my team, and each day I look forward to coming to work knowing that I am contributing to the success of the company, and the satisfaction of our customers.Eric, Systems Engineer III
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.