Systems Engineer III - Red Hat Linux / Tomcat
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Applications Platform Operations (APO) encompasses an expansive range of proficiencies over five major areas of expertise: IT Security, Provisioning, Operations System Support, Data Implementation, and Email and Customer Portal. We focus on the technology and services that create a seamless and secure customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Applications Platform Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 08/09/2019 Requisition Number: 246809BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Software Engineering, Systems Engineer, Technical Support Position Type: Full Time
Systems Engineer III is a member of our Systems Operations Department. Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company’s Directory Services platforms and their associated operating systems and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance Charter / Spectrum's Directory Services platforms and their associated operating systems
- System Administrator to support national provisioning system for Legacy services.
- UNIX System Administrator / Tomcat
- Duties includes break/fixes, upgrades, installations and monitoring of the Provisioning System.
- Role will include on-call duties as assigned. Consistent with a 24 X 7 Operations environment, periodic cell phone availability will be necessary to respond to escalated issues.
- Additional duties as assigned by the manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of Network Engineering experience
- Minimum of Four (4) years of Unix-based OS – Red Hat
- Minimum of Three (3) years of Tomcat experience
- Minimum of Three (3) years running Java applications in a clustered environment.
- Minimum of Three (3) years of experience with SUN hardware and configuration
- Support of large scale services on a UNIX platform.
- Experience with systems and services designed to support multi-million customer counts.
- Familiarity with the tasks involved in the day-to-day operation, monitoring, and maintenance and troubleshooting of large ISP-class services.
- Data analysis experience particularly with LDAP
- Experience with SOA, REST, XML and Federated authentication
- Experience supporting Oracle Weblogic Server – multiple versions (8.1 & 11g) and Oracle SOA Suite 11g
- Experience supporting Apache Tomcat and/or ActiveMQ/JMS and LDAP
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Having worked for Spectrum for over 10 years, I have been provided with the opportunity to learn within my role, but I have also taken advantage of education assistance to support the completion of my degree. I started at the front line and worked my way to Engineering, so I can attest to the opportunity for career growth the company has presented. Leadership has developed an environment where self-starters can thrive.Andrew, Systems Engineer III
Working for Spectrum has been an excellent experience, both challenging and rewarding. As an Engineer in a group responsible for our company's private Cloud infrastructure, I’ve had a unique opportunity to work with a variety of platforms and systems on a large scale not present in most companies. Our team is a group of diverse individuals who don't just believe in supporting each other and excelling in our roles, but who put these ideas into practice every day. Our department leaders make an equally large effort to ensure that we are equipped with the tools, training, skills, and knowledge needed to support today's virtualization platforms, along with tomorrow's upcoming technologies. I am proud to be part of this company and my team, and each day I look forward to coming to work knowing that I am contributing to the success of the company, and the satisfaction of our customers.Eric, Systems Engineer III
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn more about our 95,000 employees, range of products and services, and advertising solutions available to 26 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.