Systems Engineer III - Video Systems Operations
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 07/11/2019 Requisition Number: 244170BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Systems Engineer, Technical Operations, Video Operations Position Type: Full Time
The DAC Systems Engineer is responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's advanced video and signal processing hardware, software and conditional access systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Works closely with Headend operations staff on system design and configuration.
- Performs configuration and support of advanced video equipment (e.g. VOD, controllers, multiplexing, digital transport, edge QAM) Provide Systems Administration & Troubleshooting of Unix and Linux operating systems.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of engineering work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of Systems Administration experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working with advanced video technologies
- At least three (3) years of experience providing video ops support and provisioning
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced experience working with Unix and Linux operating systems
- 5+ years working with Arris (DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery systems
- Hand-on experience configuring and monitoring relational databases (Sybase, PostGres, MySQL)
- Knowledge and experience with scripting; BASH Shell, PERL, Python etc.
- Working experience providing 'on call' support on a rotating basis to resolve system/application issues after normal business hours Ability to manage complex engineering projects through completion with minimal supervision
- Cable / Telecommunication industry experience
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud hosting providers such as OpenStack
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn more about our 95,000 employees, range of products and services, and advertising solutions available to 26 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.