Systems Engineer III - Video Systems Support Center
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 08/12/2019 Requisition Number: 243761BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology Services, Network Operations, Software Engineering, Technical Support, Video Operations Position Type: Full Time
The Systems Engineer III in Video Support Center-Systems is responsible for providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for the resolution of outages and service impairments in a 24x7x365 operation. The Engineer is also responsible for reliable, consistent operation of these systems to provide a quality entertainment and information experience for our customers. The video systems included in this team’s purview include Video Back-Office Systems, Conditional Access Systems, Switched Digital Video Systems and Video on Demand Systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for the resolution of outages and service impairments in a 24x7x365 operation
- Programming, trouble resolution, operations and maintenance of systems, applications and equipment used in the provisioning and delivery of Interactive Services by providing support for all video systems within Charter Communications
- Also responsible for reliable, consistent operation of these systems to provide a quality entertainment and information experience for our customers
- Lead initiatives and mentor other team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of (3) years of experience working with Unix/Linux based client/server systems and applications
- Minimum of (3) years of experience performing application configuration, programming, installation, and maintenance within a Systems Administration capacity
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Wednesday thru Saturday - 9:00 PM to 8:00 AM
- Advanced experience working with Unix/Linux operating systems; specifically experience with RedHat, and Solaris
- Experience leading systems and applications support for complex, high-reliability systems and architectures supporting video services or back-offices
- Advanced experience and knowledge of VOD systems including AMS, catchers, caches, streamers and associated VOD back-offices
- Advanced experience and knowledge of Conditional Access controllers such as Cisco DNCSs and Arris DACs
- Solid experience and knowledge of Switched Digital Video systems from vendors such as Arris and Cisco
- Ideal candidate will have five years of Systems Engineering experience
- Direct experience and expert knowledge of Charter back office systems such as Mystro and Spectrum
- Working experience within Telecommunications industry
- System Administration of complex Unix environments and associated certifications (RHCSA, RHCE)
- Ability to lead team of System Engineers in troubleshooting
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn more about our 95,000 employees, range of products and services, and advertising solutions available to 26 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.