Systems Engineer III – Virtualization EngineerApply Now Date posted 12/04/2018 Requisition Number: 231431BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Zip Code: 80111 Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
The System Engineer III will be responsible for effective installation/configuration, provisioning, operations, monitoring, and maintenance of physical/virtual infrastructure supporting voice applications and customer-facing environments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Individual will work effectively with System Engineers, Principal Engineers, Project Managers, Developers and Management to provide timely execution, support, planning, implementation and increased uptimes of business systems.
- Applicant must be able to participate effectively on team and enterprise projects.
- Know or quickly learn the technical and business working environment through initiative and direction from senior staff and/or peers.
- The applicant must assist in mentoring of team members and co-workers relating to the job function and demonstrate leadership through technical knowledge, interpersonal skills, business knowledge, organizational skills and professionalism.
- Maintaining vendor support and technical interaction, technology implementation with and identifying sound technical solutions to execute the requirements of the business.
- Candidate must be available for occasional evening/weekend system maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Maintain system integrity
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical field, or relevant professional work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience in VMware virtualized environment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting Cisco UCS
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting Linux (RHEL, CentOS) systems
- Experience with VMware vSAN 6.x implementation, administration, and maintenance, also with Cisco UCS 5108 Chassis with B series and C series servers; deployment and maintenance including firmware and driver installation, as well as Cisco fibric interconnects
- Strong analytic and research skills
- Familiar with information system architecture to include systems, storage, networking components.
- Extensive knowledge of existing industry standards, technologies and infrastructure operations.
- Familiar with SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) with planning, creating, testing, and deploying new or previously deployed application instances, scripting tools (Linux Shell, PowerCLI, Python) is a plus.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, and similar tools) is a plus.
- Industry certifications such as ITIL, etc. a plus, and VMWare vRealize Suite (Operations Manager, Log Insight, Network Insight), vSphere Platform, VMware vSphere, and vCenter upgrades (vSphere 5.5 to 6.x).
- Knowledge with Cisco server hardware and management such as UCS Manager, UCS Central, UCS Director
- Experience with enterprise backup solutions, as well as strong analytic and research skills
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go