Systems Engineer IV – CPE Operations
Greenwood Village, Colorado, Denver, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Our Operating Model focuses on maintaining operational excellence and reliability of Spectrum’s network to enhance our customer’s experience. The Network Operations environment is based on our Key Laws of Focus which values accuracy, resiliency and response time.
Applications Platform Operations (APO) encompasses an expansive range of proficiencies over five major areas of expertise: IT Security, Provisioning, Operations System Support, Data Implementation, and Email and Customer Portal. We focus on the technology and services that create a seamless and secure customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Applications Platform Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 03/25/2021 Requisition Number: 277935BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology, Systems Engineering, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for assisting design, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide customer premises equipment (CPE) activation, provisioning, and operations platforms applications and their associated operating systems and databases. Responsible for administration of CPE activation, provisioning, and operations platforms supporting all Charter Divisions. Participation in full life-cycle of systems engineering activities of high-quality, scalable solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Coordinates with internal departments to review existing integration capabilities, data sources, and proposed solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality
- Conducts design sessions with appropriate participation from architects and engineers
- Creates detailed design documents and functional specifications for new applications / services and for enhancements to existing systems / services
- Collaborates to creates configuration designs for design and implementation of various environments
- Creates work effort estimates for new features and bug fixes for use in prioritization and release management
- Design core code modules, unit test tools and release notes for enhancements and bug fixes
- Reviews new development tools, application frameworks and testing tools for functionality / effectiveness
- Installs, administers, configures and maintains CPE activation, provisioning, and operations applications including operating systems and related software
- Provides 'on call' support to resolve CPE activation, provisioning, and operations platform issues after normal business hours
- Uses established change management processes, requiring operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact, (i.e. during established maintenance window)
- Configure, tune and maintain databases in variety of languages
- Documents systems configurations and upgrades
- Designs and implements change and control policies and disaster recovery plans; lead troubleshooting efforts to restore functionality in the event of an outage
- Monitors and assists in managing applications, device availability, network conditions and status, system reliability and performance, service and program maintenance and storage resources
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of Six (6) years CPE, DOCSIS, or Network Engineering experience
- Minimum of three (4) years automation experience (Python, bash, pearl, etc.)
- Minimum of three (4) year’s of experience network OSS and application work experience
- Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting tools (i.e tcpdump, netstat, iostat, traceroute, snoop)
- Advanced experience with System monitoring applications (Nagios, Solarwinds, HP OpenView, etc).
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN topology, network protocols (TCP/IP, FTP, NFS), switches and firewalls
- Advanced Experience activating/maintaining CPE per the DOCSIS, PacketCable, and SNMP specifications
- Experience with configuration of CPE using the TR-069 and related specifications
- Advanced comprehension of the DHCP, DNS, SNMP, and TFTP protocols
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Advanced ability to conduct design sessions to specify solution designs for feasibility, cost, and functionality
- Advanced ability to create detailed documentation to functionally understand new and existing applications
- Advanced ability to follow and implement established change and control policies and procedures
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot application problems
- In-depth knowledge of development tools, application frameworks, and testing tools.
- In-depth knowledge of OSS applications and software
- In-depth knowledge of choosing the appropriate lifecycle and the planning, monitoring and control of the systems engineering process
- Strong ability to transform an operational need into a description of system parameters and incorporate those parameters in the control of the total system development to achieve an optimum, cost-effective balance of all system elements
- Advanced knowledge of network and systems engineering systems concepts and system/super-system skills, including Cisco UCS, and VMWare systems
- Experience with Network, application, or device troubleshooting
- Advanced Experience with application support
- Experience with network OSS applications
- Experience in systems administration
- CCNA or equivalent experience
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education; negotiations begin at $72200
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hear from Our Team
Having worked for Spectrum for over 10 years, I have been provided with the opportunity to learn within my role, but I have also taken advantage of education assistance to support the completion of my degree. I started at the front line and worked my way to Engineering, so I can attest to the opportunity for career growth the company has presented. Leadership has developed an environment where self-starters can thrive.Andrew, Systems Engineer III
Working for Spectrum has been an excellent experience, both challenging and rewarding. As an Engineer in a group responsible for our company's private Cloud infrastructure, I’ve had a unique opportunity to work with a variety of platforms and systems on a large scale not present in most companies. Our team is a group of diverse individuals who don't just believe in supporting each other and excelling in our roles, but who put these ideas into practice every day. Our department leaders make an equally large effort to ensure that we are equipped with the tools, training, skills, and knowledge needed to support today's virtualization platforms, along with tomorrow's upcoming technologies. I am proud to be part of this company and my team, and each day I look forward to coming to work knowing that I am contributing to the success of the company, and the satisfaction of our customers.Eric, Systems Engineer III
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 95,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 31 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.