Systems Engineer IV / Oracle DBA - IP Video Control
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 02/18/2020 Requisition Number: 258905BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology Services, Network Operations, Software Engineering, Systems Engineer, Video Operations Position Type: Full Time
The Systems Engineer IV will provide day to day operations support for the national services. This position will focus on supporting relational and NoSQL databases.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, deploy and manage Oracle databases to provide security, high availability, fault tolerance and scalability to support critical applications
- Advanced experience supporting NoSQL databases like Cassandra, mongo, aurora, RDS, documentDB.
- Strong experience with performance tuning and supporting RAC, ASM, Data Guard, and GoldenGate.
- Apply security patches regularly.
- Assist with capacity planning, configurations, and complete setup.
- Develop scripts to automate routine activities, including health checks, backups, and monitoring.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Role will include on-call duties as assigned. Consistent with a 24 X 7 Operations environment, periodic cell phone availability will be necessary to respond to escalated issues.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure applications support latest version of databases and keep the databases upgraded on a regular basis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of six (6) years of Oracle administration experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of enterprise application support in a Linux environment, including strong troubleshooting and root cause investigation capabilities
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience with NoSQL databases
- Basic Unix administration skills.
- Must be available for planned after-hours maintenance.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.