Systems Engineer IV - Splunk
Greenwood Village, Colorado, Denver, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Our Operating Model focuses on maintaining operational excellence and reliability of Spectrum’s network to enhance our customer’s experience. The Network Operations environment is based on our Key Laws of Focus which values accuracy, resiliency and response time.
Applications Platform Operations (APO) encompasses an expansive range of proficiencies over five major areas of expertise: IT Security, Provisioning, Operations System Support, Data Implementation, and Email and Customer Portal. We focus on the technology and services that create a seamless and secure customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Applications Platform Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 03/29/2021 Requisition Number: 278078BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology, Network Operations, Systems Engineering, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
The Systems Engineer IV (Splunk Environment) is responsible for assisting in design, development, and implementation of the enterprise-wide Splunk architecture, both hardware and software applications as well as their associated operating systems and databases. The individual acting in this role is also responsible for mentoring other Splunk team members as a subject matter expert on multiple platform related applications, though not in a management capacity. In addition, there will be a limited level of admin support for other team-owned applications, such as Hadoop and Kafka. Splunk would still be the primary area of focus for this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide end to end network management and support for the enterprise Splunk deployment
- Development and document standards, process and procedures for forethinking operational efficiencies on the Splunk network
- Provide cutting edge solutions for internal customer applications
- Working closely with other teams and collaborating with other team members
- Planning and implementing future developments on all OSS platform deployed applications
- 3rd level support and problem resolution for all major outage or complicated technical challenges that may arise on any OSS platform related application
- Work closely with team management and team on all architectural decisions
- Work in a team environment and collaborative role with other members of the OSS platform team as well as selected vendors to provide state of the art long term, technical solutions
- As Systems Engineer IV, this role is not only to provide the highest level of expertise to the Splunk environment but to offer your skills to other team members in a non-management, SME role.
- Provide guidance on technical decisions for support
- Collaborate on design and implementation for internal application customers with team members
- Provide team members with training on new applications and designs for their respective responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of Six (6) years of Systems Engineering experience
- Minimum of Five (5) years of experience working with Splunk
- Minimum of Five (5) years of experience working with hardware and network related services operating at layers 1 – 3 of the OSI
- Experience working with the following technologies: Splunk, Unix/Linux [RedHat/CentOS], scripting language, (such as Python or PERL), SQL (enough working knowledge to support Splunk DBConnect), IP networking protocols, Github, bitbucket.
- Solid understanding of network elements
- Extensive experience with a large clustered Splunk environment:
- Building apps
- Proper sourcetyping
- Syslog server management
- Large scale user environment with multiple deployment servers
- Strong environment troubleshooting background
- Splunk Enterprise Security management
- Sr. Splunk Architect 1 & 2 Certification
- Certified Linux Administrator
- Experience working within Telecommunications and cable industry
- Oracle or database admin certification
- Vendor related network certifications
- Graduate degree or high level of technical certifications.
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education; negotiations begin at $72200
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hear from Our Team
Having worked for Spectrum for over 10 years, I have been provided with the opportunity to learn within my role, but I have also taken advantage of education assistance to support the completion of my degree. I started at the front line and worked my way to Engineering, so I can attest to the opportunity for career growth the company has presented. Leadership has developed an environment where self-starters can thrive.Andrew, Systems Engineer III
Working for Spectrum has been an excellent experience, both challenging and rewarding. As an Engineer in a group responsible for our company's private Cloud infrastructure, I’ve had a unique opportunity to work with a variety of platforms and systems on a large scale not present in most companies. Our team is a group of diverse individuals who don't just believe in supporting each other and excelling in our roles, but who put these ideas into practice every day. Our department leaders make an equally large effort to ensure that we are equipped with the tools, training, skills, and knowledge needed to support today's virtualization platforms, along with tomorrow's upcoming technologies. I am proud to be part of this company and my team, and each day I look forward to coming to work knowing that I am contributing to the success of the company, and the satisfaction of our customers.Eric, Systems Engineer III
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 95,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 31 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.