Vice President, Backbone OperationsApply Now Date posted 02/20/2020 Requisition Number: 259033BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Project Management, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
This role is responsible for planning, design, implementation and operations of Charter’s national backbone networks. Accountable for setting the Implementation & Operations policies and standards to provide a highly reliable and always-on backbone network. Supports the Advanced Engineering and Operations Engineering teams in the development of new technology solutions and will own the implementation of such solutions in alignment with the strategy and goals of the corporation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for developing the annual network and capacity plans based on forecasted growth projections as well as capital budget associated with such plans; also responsible for ongoing monitoring of capacity utilization in the network and adjust augmentation plans to support new requirements or trends as necessary
- Manages the deployment and device configuration of approved network designs for operational readiness
- Lead a team of Sr. Directors, Directors, Sr. Managers/Managers, and Engineering Professionals to perform the Backbone Operations functions.
- Oversees the design, implementation, maintenance, enhancement and troubleshooting of network engineering and related equipment requirements
- Responsible for developing detailed deployment designs that are consistent with the implementation standards and in conformance with the network and capacity plans
- Evaluates and consults with leaders regarding technical operations, strategic planning of architecture, network operations, and new product development and deployment
- Responsible for the ongoing operations of the national backbone networks including hardware/software maintenance, troubleshooting/break-fix of network issues, and business continuity management
- Support and partner with Engineering and other relevant stakeholder teams on evolving the national backbone networks that continue to be scalable and operationally efficient
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field, and/or equivalent professional work experience
- Minimum twelve (12) years of Engineering work experience
- Minimum ten (10) years Management and Leadership experience
- At least ten (10) years significant business and network planning expertise along with experience managing large scale capital and operational budgets
- Minimum seven (7) years of Project management experience
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of network & software systems as it relates to technologies, architectures, engineering, deployment, and operations
- Knowledge of electrical and fiber optic theory is highly desirable
- Ability to prioritize, organize effectively, make decisions, and solve problems while working under pressure
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization from executive leadership to front line employees
- Ability to lead a diverse group of individuals within the functional teams as well as across other functional organizations
- Able to build and sustain strong working relationships across multiple functions within the Operations, Engineering, Product, and Technology organizations
- Ability to develop, communicate, and implement strategies and tactics, and able to manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- Must be able to consistently deliver a set of products that follow industry and Charter standards and best practices
- Demonstrate shared values and leadership style consistent with the Company’s values dedicated to innovation, strong business ethics, diversity, quality, and customer focused service
- MS, MBA, and/or Certifications in networking, project management, quality improvement, or similar disciplines
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
- Office environment
- Some travel required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.