Vice President of Video Operations Support CenterApply Now Date posted 01/13/2020 Requisition Number: 256390BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Technical Operations, Video Operations Position Type: Full Time
The VP, Video Operations Support Center is responsible for directing 7x24x365 Video Support Center, with primary focus on accurate and rapid restoration of Charter video services, products, and systems. This role drives collaboration with all necessary agencies, including vertical owners in Video Operations, Network Operations, Engineering, Product, and external vendor partners, as needed on breaks and fixes. This position champions the prioritization and development of technologies and tools to improve accuracy, response time, and resiliency of Charter video services, products, and systems while advising and informing executive leadership on issues specific to Video Support, and the technologies leveraged by the company to deliver video services and products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees a functional area of the Video Operations organization in the design, implementation, maintenance, enhancement or troubleshooting of telecommunications systems, network equipment, and signal processing.
- Directs the hiring, training, and development of leaders and engineers responsible for supporting Video Operations on a 7x24 hour basis.
- Accountable to continually improve operational performance metrics such as time to restore, number of outages, and self-inflicted outages.
- Partners with the various video and network technology verticals to identify cross functional opportunities to improve overall video customer experience.
- Responsible for the function's budgets and approves related expenditures.
- Creates and successfully manages to multimillion-dollar budgets.
- Notifies corporate leadership of national and regional activities and issues.
- Establishes and maintains strong relations with vendors, contractors, and government agencies, as needed.
- Supports the maintenance and enhancement of networks and hardware and software systems that support field business applications.
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of Video Operations work experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years of Engineering management experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years of Leadership experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of Project management experience
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of management both orally and in writing, and manage cross-functional teams.
- Strong PC and presentation tool skills including MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of Video Solutions, Conditional Access Systems, DAC, DNCS, DCAS.
- Knowledge of VOD, SDV and CDN architectures and operations.
- Advanced knowledge of MPEG2, MPEG4, transcoding, & other related technologies.
- Strong knowledge of IP Video Delivery solutions.
- Familiar with company products and services.
- Strong knowledge of Federal Communications Commission regulations.
- Knowledge of Analog Transmission Line Theory, Electrical Theory, Fiber Optic Theory, National Electric Code and National Electric Safety Code.
- Knowledge of all FCC compliance reports and other rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of IP Multi-cast.
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable local and state rules and regulations.
- Organizational and strategic agility.
- Ability to develop, communicate and implement strategies and tactics, as well as, make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Capable of prioritizing and organizing effectively, while managing and delivering against several initiatives simultaneously.
- MBA and/or certifications in Video Operations or Project Management.
- SCTE-BCT/E certification or equivalent.
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training preferred.
- Office Environment.
- Travel Required.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.