VP, IP Video OperationsApply Now Date posted 01/03/2019 Requisition Number: 232279BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Zip Code: 80111 Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Executive Management, Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
The VP1, IP Video Operations is responsible for conducting solution acceptance, solution improvement, tier IV troubleshooting, ticket analysis, and vendor management across the entire video infrastructure. Solution acceptance function requires ensuring Advanced Engineering and Software Engineering solutions are correctly documented, tested, and meet both business requirements and operational standards. Solution improvement entails evaluating existing solutions to determine how to improve their performance. Examples of performance improvement include; replacing hardware, upgrading software, updating golden configurations, removing poorly performing vendors, or changing the technology that performs a specific function in the solution. Both solutions acceptance and improvement require delivering a deployment guide to Video Planning and Implementation and an Operations Playbook to the Video Support Center. Tier IV escalation is executed to identify, mitigate, and repair customer impacting issues or in some cases system impairments. Failure analysis evaluates the causes of customer impacting or impairing events in support of solutions improvement or training. Vendor Management is holding vendors accountable for the functioning of their components within our video solutions. This consists of bug tracking, operational feature requests, and component and customer services performance. These primary functions require close coordination with Product, Advanced Engineering, Software Engineering, Video Planning and Implementation, Video Support Center and other Operational Engineering organizations such as network and infrastructure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees a functional area of the Video Operations organization in the design, implementation, maintenance, enhancement or troubleshooting of local telecommunications network equipment and signal processing.
- Sets the Video Operations plan according to the Engineering and corporate strategy.
- Ensures field compliance with corporate engineering standards, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the function's budgets and approves related capital expenditures.
- Creates and successfully manages multi-million dollar budgets.
- Negotiates multi-million dollar contracts with third-party vendors.
- Notifies corporate leadership of regional activities and issues.
- Establishes and maintains strong relations with local utilities, vendors, contractors and government agencies.
- Supports the maintenance and enhancement of networks and hardware and software systems that support field business applications.
- Special projects or activities as identified by immediate supervisor.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum twelve (12) years Video Operations experience
- Minimum ten (10) years engineering management experience
- Minimum ten (10) plus years leadership experience
- Minimum five (5) years project management experience
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams and make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Financial understanding and management from a capital and operating expense perspective
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management orally and in writing
- Strong PC and presentation took skills including MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Develop, communicate and implement strategies and tactics
- Manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- Advanced knowledge of Video Solutions, VOD, SDV and CDN architectures and operations
- Solid knowledge of Conditional Access Systems, DAC, DNCS, DCAS, MPEG2, MPEG4, transcoding, & other related technologies
- Strong knowledge of IP Video Delivery solutions
- Working knowledge of IP Multi-cast
- Knowledge of all FCC compliance reports and other rules and regulations
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable local and state rules and regulations
- Knowledge of Analog Transmission Line Theory
- Knowledge of Fiber Optic & Electrical Theory
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and National Electric Safety Code
- Organizational & Strategic Agility
- MS, MBA and/or certifications in Video Operations or Project Management preferred
- SCTE-BCT/E certification or equivalent
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go