VP, Video Systems OperationsApply Now Date posted 04/16/2019 Requisition Number: 239565BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Executive Management, Information Technology Services, Network Engineering, Telecommunications, Video Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for directing the implementation, deployment, operation and restoration of Video Operations solutions, acquisition, contract negotiations as well as solutions to support the National Backbone and regional transport requirements. Drives strategic direction of corporate Video Operations initiatives that support the strategy and goals of the corporation. Organizes and supports Video functions including Video hardware and software architecture development and maintenance, system and network design/analysis and enterprise network development and administration. Sets Video Operations standards, policies and/or master plan for the Video function. Champions the development and acquisition of new technologies and tools to improve the organization's internal operations and video delivery. Identifies and develops new technological directions. Champions the organization in their deployment. Advises top management on enhancements to existing applications and implementation of new systems. Provides strategic guidance to corporate and field management on Video Operations issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees a functional area of the Video Operations organization in the design, implementation, maintenance, enhancement or troubleshooting of local telecommunications network equipment and signal processing.
- Sets the Video Operations plan according to the Engineering and corporate strategy.
- Ensures field compliance with corporate engineering standards, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the function's budgets and approves related capital expenditures.
- Creates and successfully manages to multi-million dollar budgets.
- Negotiates multi-million dollar contracts with third-party vendors.
- Notifies corporate leadership of regional activities and issues.
- Establishes and maintains strong relations with local utilities, vendors, contractors and government agencies.
- Supports the maintenance and enhancement of networks and hardware and software systems that support field business applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum twelve (12) years Video Operations work experience
- Minimum ten (10) years engineering management experience
- At least ten (10) years leadership experience
- Minimum five (5) years project management experience
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Strong knowledge of IP Video Delivery solutions
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Working knowledge of IP Multi-cast
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams, prioritize and organize effectively
- Advanced knowledge of Video Solutions & Conditional Access Systems (DAC, DNCS, DCAS).
- Solid knowledge of VOD, SDV and CDN architectures and operations
- Ability to manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- Knowledge of MPEG2, MPEG4, transcoding, & other related technologies
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with all levels of management
- Strong PC and presentation tool skills including MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop, communicate and implement strategies and tactics
- Strong knowledge of Federal Communications Commission regulations
- Knowledge of all FCC compliance reports and other rules and regulations
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable local and state rules and regulations
- MS, MBA and/or certifications in Video Operations or Project Management
- SCTE-BCT/E certification or equivalent
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
- Adequate knowledge of company products and services
- Understanding & knowledge of Analog Transmission Line, Electrical & Fiber Optic theory
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and National Electric Safety Code
- Organizational Agility
- Strategic Agility
- Office Environment
- Travel Required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go