Senior Manager, Market IntelligenceApply Now Date posted 06/10/2019 Requisition Number: 241050BR Location: United States - South Carolina - Greer Area of Interest: Marketing, Sales Position Type: Full Time
The Senior Manager, Market Intelligence will maximize the company’s competitive performance and market share for both the residential business and the small-to-medium sized businesses (SMB) segment. With a rigorous discipline around intelligence gathering, verification of syndicated data, and original market-level investigation, analysis and reporting, Market Intelligence Marketers are the company’s subject matter experts of local market dynamics and of all competitors in each of the communities we serve.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Actively contributes to the team’s output, leads and motivates team.
- Manages, develops, documents and reports competitive intelligence and insights. Proficient in both residential business as well as the SMB sector.
- Identifies and curates insights on competitors’ offer strategies, product and pricing, positioning, construction activity, and any changes that affect market dynamics and share.
- Maintains current, regularly updated and detailed reference materials for each of our competitors to inform and support Charter marketing, sales, offer and product strategy.
- Utilize reporting tools including MicroStrategy and Tableau to generate ad-hoc reporting as necessary.
- Plays a supporting role in the development of local competitive campaigns; helps to execute and report results.
- Plays an active role in local implementation of activations supporting seasonal and multicultural initiatives.
- As appropriate, ensures the local operation and front line is informed and aware of the company’s marketing, product and growth initiatives and priorities.
- Manages the processes by which channel line-ups, rate cards, welcome kits and other marketing collateral are proofread, properly stocked, inventoried and distributed throughout the region as necessary.
- Helps to develop and manage the regional Market Intelligence Marketing budget and quarterly and monthly forecasts for region Market Intelligence marketing and Spectrum Business.
- Keeps abreast of key industry and product trends.
- Gains an understanding of business needs and researches and recommends solutions.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and effectively, including verbally, in writing and in deck/presentation format (e.g. PowerPoint)
- Ability to present effectively in front of a group
- Ability to think critically and strategically
- Proven success overseeing integrated marketing and sales campaigns, preferably including direct mail, broadcast media, digital, print and out-of-home, direct sales and outbound telemarketing
- Solid business aptitude and an ability to assess competitive strategy
- Analytical skills, including the ability to develop spreadsheets
- Strong working knowledge of business statistics
- Ability to read financial statements and legal documents
- Ability to effectively work independently without direct supervision
- Highly organized and disciplined
- Detail-oriented and results-focused
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks, including urgent assignments
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Proficiency on PC and relevant software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, presentation/PowerPoint, and knowledge of business intelligence (BI) platforms
- Ability to think strategically and anticipate future trends, needs and expectations
- Knowledge of Microstrategy and Tableau reporting tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field, or equivalent experience
- MBA preferred
- Consumer marketing /sales experience; 6+ years
- Valid driver's license, satisfactory driving record within Company required standards and auto insurance
Related Work Experience
- CATV experience
- Experience in cable television / telecommunications or a related Market Intelligence with a recurring revenue stream
- SMB experience
- 2 years’ experience working in Microstrategy and Tableau reporting tools.
- Ability to create visual representations of competitors using a variety of methods
- Office environment
- Travel as required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go