Sr Credit Services SpecialistApply Now Date posted 11/15/2019 Requisition Number: 248847BR Location: United States - Missouri - Kansas City Area of Interest: Customer Operations Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for investigating potential fraud cases based on information received from the fraud detection system. Analyzes several aspects of account history which includes payment and transaction history. Contacts customers and works with other Charter teams to co-ordinate actions on the case. Maintains accurate and complete documentation of all information necessary for the investigation. Assists team leader / manager with oversight of daily departmental work activities. Assignments are broad in nature and often require originality and ingenuity.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Provides reporting to supervisors/managers which assists them in monitoring the performance of team members.
- Provides direction, guidance and coaching to team members.
- Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
- May assist in scheduling and coordinating team activities.
- Assists team leader/managers with escalated calls, emails, and corporate escalations.
- Observes specialists to ensure adherence to company policies and procedures, reporting discrepancies back to the team leader / manager for follow up.
- Identifies and presents opportunities for improved operational procedures inside and outside the department to team leader and managers on an ongoing basis.
- Assists with training and auditing of department for adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Projects include complex problem resolution, applying policies and procedures and practical application of the general and specific technical aspects of the job.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leaders, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- In depth Knowledge of the ICOMS and/or CSG billing systems, extensive knowledge of billing cycles and cross divisional procedures.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computers, spreadsheet and word processing software is required.
- Possess good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Requires self-motivation, accuracy, problem solving and the ability to perform effectively in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to make sound business decisions’ and multi-task in a fast paced environment. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Office a must
High school diploma or equivalent degree (GED / HSED)
Fraud/Risk operations experience – 4+ years, preferably in telecom or a related field,
OR a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Sociology, Psychology or related field with no Fraud/Risk operations prior experience AND 3+ years of experience in a customer facing role
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.