Director Human Resources - Call CenterApply Now Date posted 09/11/2019 Requisition Number: 248171BR Location: United States - Florida - Lake Mary Area of Interest: Administrative, Human Resources Position Type: Full Time
- Oversee all aspects of employee relations; ensure Company policies are administered fairly and consistently. Provide consultative support to VP Retention, Directors, Managers and Supervisors.
- Ensure legal compliance with all applicable local state and federal employment laws, including but not limited to FLSA, FMLA and ADAAA to minimize risk/exposure to the company
- Provide guidance to ensure the integrity of the performance management program and the development of employees
- Manage organizational change
- Oversee timely and accurate payroll processing and commission reporting
- Conduct employee investigations and oversee all escalated employee issues, including ethics point reports
- Establish local procedures to ensure compliance with Company and regulatory agency requirements
- Oversee Human Resources communications to your Client Group
- Participate in enterprise wide taskforce initiatives
- Monitor processes and ensure accurate maintenance of employee files and HRIS database
- Review and oversee unemployment and workers compensation claims
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of employee benefit programs, and oversee annual enrollment
- Participate in budget planning and manage departmental expense
- Perform other duties as required
- Prior experience in the HR function in a Call Center environment.
- Expert knowledge of employee relations' procedures and applicable law
- Expert knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws and procedures
- Expert knowledge of recruitment trends and technologies
- Expert knowledge of wage and hour laws
- Expert project management skills
- Strong communication skills including public speaking
- Expert knowledge of staffing and employment practices
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to supervise the work of others
- Ability to mentor, develop and motivate team members to the success of the department and business.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Strong PC skills and MS Office skills
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated negotiating skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data in order to build a business case
- Strong knowledge of broadband services industry/subscription based business model
- 5+ years of Human Resource Management/Leadership experience
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.