Director, Field Pricing & Planning - Ad SalesApply Now Date posted 01/01/2020 Requisition Number: 244272BR Location: United States - California - Los Angeles Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Finance and Accounting, Strategic Planning Position Type: Full Time
The Director, Field Pricing and Planning is focused on the optimization of pricing and packaging linear TV ads which are a major driver in achieving Spectrum Reach’s revenue growth objectives. The role will manage a team of Regional Pricing and Planning teams responsible for forecasting inventory and optimizing yield across all networks to ensure client delivery and drive results that meet and exceed sales goals. This role will work collaboratively with a range of cross-functional partners to enable strategic decision-making.
We are seeking a proven media analytics leader with a successful record of delivering results in creating, launching, and implementing solutions across multiple platforms involving strategy, new products, business development and sales. This individual will have a demonstrated understanding of what Sales organizations, major agencies and advertisers need from Spectrum Reach to be successful in optimizing new and existing products/services to reach revenue goals.
- Lead the planning, analysis and overall pricing valuations for the West and Central Divisions for Spectrum Reach
- Provide strategic oversight of inventory and yield management operations. Responsibilities include forecasting and trend analysis, development of monetization strategies, inventory utilization, campaign optimization and pricing guidance.
- Work closely with Sales Leaders, providing analytical support to optimize performance and drive growth. Use a deep understanding of marketplace dynamics to evaluate opportunities, assess risk and inform strategic decisions.
- In concert with Sales, lead team to develop packages to meet client needs. Leverage the Enterprise model to deliver and optimize linear solutions for clients and AEs.
- Analyze internal and external data to create, model and validate hypotheses to improve the utilization and profitability of our inventory.
- Based on analytics, provide insights that drive higher performance in sales, profitability, and service to our clients. Identify pricing and revenue opportunities that improve the customer experience and increase the sellout rate of inventory. Project inventory fill and sellout rates required to achieve revenue goals.
- Maintain industry awareness and presence to provide visibility and insights in developing trends across all aspects of ad operations, inventory and yield planning and management.
- 6+ years of progressive media analytics leadership experience is needed. Major TV Network, Agency, Advertiser and/or consulting firm experience is desired.
- 3+ years of experience managing large multi-location teams is ideal.
- Proven track record in the design and execution of complex analytical efforts that yield innovative, impactful strategies to enhance client solutions and drive greater revenue.
- Must be strong communicator with ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and drive large scale change.
- Previous experience managing and pricing media inventory is strongly preferred.
- Record of success in leading high-performing teams.
- Undergraduate degree, MBA preferred, or equivalent combination of work experience.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.