News Sales Specialist - MediaApply Now Date posted 09/10/2019 Requisition Number: 248946BR-1 Location: United States - California - Los Angeles Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Marketing, News, Sales, Strategic Planning Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum Reach (www.spectrumreach.com) grows businesses of all sizes with custom, multiscreen advertising solutions, backed by the power of TV, data, innovation, community experts, and unforgettable creative.
Assist the Director of Sales for Spectrum News and the Manager of Sales for Spectrum News, by providing administrative support and supplying information for news channels products to Account Executives and management. Create and implement systems that simplify the process and integration of News product sales.
Plays a key role in analyzing the data of Spectrum News within a state and helping to drive revenue effectively with the teams that are selling the network and all product offerings of the network. Integral in helping the sales team to maximize multiscreen solutions, which has a direct impact on our ability to deliver and exceed on client’s marketing and advertising expectations. Will be closely aligned with other sales team members and cross functional groups.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist News Sales with reports as required. This includes pulling data out of our traffic and billing systems and creation and manipulation of pivot table reports and charts.
- Assist News Sales Manager in the preparation of all materials for news and digital properties as it relates to sales presentations, newsletters packaging and promotional material.
- Receive and screen telephone calls as requested, handle routine inquiries, forward sales leads, and keep records of activities.
- Prepare collateral materials for sales training meetings.
- Monitor orders and alert Supervisor of any rate and/or inventory discrepancies as needed.
- Assist in managing the work flow of all news sales by streamlining systems and processes.
- Daily tracking and update of avails of news sponsorships.
- Communicate programming updates to the sales floor.
- Work with Field Marketing to update sales collateral materials as needed, to create a polished, sophisticated brand look and feel.
- Understand advertising needs of the clients and aligning the needs of the products for sales.
- Assist account teams with prospecting new news business and developing positive relationships with clients and in the community.
- Collect, analyze, evaluate, and report data in order to make recommendations to the business to increase news sales productivity.
- Analyze reports for Spectrum News revenue throughout the footprint as needed.
- Analyze news segments and make recommendations for what segments will remain in the future.
- As the subject matter expert in News support, assist in the roll out and training on new processes, workflows and products to the local Sales Support teams.
- Be a subject matter expert on reporting platforms and team functions. Support sales organization by sharing knowledge and training in regards to reporting platforms.
- Understand how consumers are using media today and incorporate that usage into recommendations and targeting strategies and integration opportunities.
- Understand and communicate all rules of advertising that are required for news sales.
- Liaison with the Spectrum News directly with sponsorship opportunities.
- Collaborate with News Sales Managers & News Supervisor to drive account strategy for retaining clients and positioning new business.
- Work with the News Supervisor to model, report results, and analyze success of incentive programs.
- Ensure first look pricing and planning and maintaining strategies.
- Review news orders as necessary.
- Managing news revisions for appropriate packaging and maintaining the integrity of the transaction.
- Be part of a high performance culture working towards shared business objectives.
- Prepare sales, projections, contracts and other required reports. Compile and analyze information and data relating to supervisor's are of the business and evaluate results.
- Participate in collaborative process with News team to deliver first in class customer service.
- Perform complex operational analysis as requested.
- Participate in weekly, enterprise-wide news calls by contributing best practices and/or topics for discussion when you see an opportunity for improvement.
- Knowledge of cable television, digital products, and advanced advertising products is a plus.
- Previous experience supporting a team of Sales, advertising, or marketing professionals is helpful but not required. Previous experience in an Ad Agency, Media, and/or Ad Sales team is highly preferred.
- Experience and strong knowledge of research databases, tools and applications, including (but not limited to) Nielsen, Scarborough, MRI, Kantar, BIA/Kelsey, eMarketer, and comScore are helpful.
- Familiarity with and experience in digital marketing; understanding of online campaign development, metrics, and optimization strategies.
- Needs to have the ability to decipher between client needs, for example, ‘branding’ campaigns VS ‘call to action’ and the difference between those schedules
- Ability to back-up work and have good logic to creating schedules
Associate’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field preferred, or equivalent experience. Media experience a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a related field is preferred.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.