Sales Intern - Ad SalesApply Now Date posted 01/16/2020 Requisition Number: 256741BR Location: United States - California - Los Angeles Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Internship, Marketing, Sales Position Type: Intern
Spectrum Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach’s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
What We Offer....
Competitive pay for both our undergrad, graduate and technology positions.
- Internship will last approximately 10 weeks
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater at time of application
- At time of application, you must be enrolled in an educational institution
The Sales Intern will learn all functions of the Advertising Sales process at Spectrum Reach. From being an Account Coordinator to Account Planner and even an Advertising Account Executive.
- Create, run and maintain routine reports for day to day operations. Create and maintain reports needed for special projects.
- Assist Account Executives handle revisions, make-goods, and order entry for each contract as needed.
- Handle entering tape/traffic instructions (and copy changes) as needed , making sure to meet internal deadlines.
- Supports Account Executives with new product roll outs/initiatives
- Run Payment Reports (possibly daily)and Aging Reports (usually weekly) using correct parameters.
- Work with the Account Executive to contact clients @ 60 days past due.
- Work with the Account Executive to ensure billings do not reach 120 days.
- Update and maintain carded/master client lists.
- Document and assign sales call-ins as instructed by management.
- Perform as back-up for Account Executives with clients and others when they are out of office and unavailable.
- Assist management with tracking of Regional Sales Initiatives.
- Assists MCS Department by working on overflow work to include: order entry, running CMR and other reports, matching co-op opportunities, etc.
- Support Account Executives with coordination of existing product execution (ie. Weather channel crawls, billing inserts, etc.)
- Perform clerical functions for Account Executives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret complex documents
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Requires strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must have strong verbal, writing and interpersonal communications skills.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.